Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a 1999 Dodge 2500. There are two problems with it. 1 overdrive does not work on it. (how much would it cost to get that fixed?) 2 the fuel injector pump needs rebuilt, (how much should the rebuild cost?)

·
Boiler up!
2,451 Posts
dont know about overdrive but its def a tranny problem and that might get pricy. the injector pump will be about 1000 bucks or 1500 for the high output pump....i know cuz i just replaced mine. its a crappy famous vp44.

G

·
0 Posts
dont know about overdrive but its def a tranny problem and that might get pricy. the injector pump will be about 1000 bucks or 1500 for the high output pump....i know cuz i just replaced mine. its a crappy famous vp44.
Not necessarily a trans problem, although it could be. The switch on the column could be doing odd things. This is basically a toggle input to the PCM, so if it is being toggled by a short, or a ground, it could be an electrical issue.

·
Registered
66 Posts
aamco charges 2300 for a rebild on 2wd trucks,but that is with a hd converter and some extra cluches.

·
Registered
146 Posts
i thought they didn't have overdrive, the torque converter just locked up. at least thats what my manual says.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts