Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm having the turbo lag sound come on sooner than ever,,even without effort,,,so i know the turbo is going,,,a gentleman previously replied to me about "" it may be the bearings""
and that i can either get a new one or rebuilt.
i found on ebay a dude selling the center piece at an amazing price,,,if i buy the center piece,,,does that basically cover the whole assembly.
i drive a 1998 12v,,,and the turbo lag is to premature...

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
the turbo lag is premature??? Do you mean the wastegate is opening to early? With turbo lag your not going to have a sound, do you mean turbo bark?

Im lost!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the wind down sound you get when you punch it,,,a couple of years ago i'd get that spool down sound after hammering the pedal and punching it,,,you'd here the turbo whinned up,,,then when letting go of the pedal you'd here a rubbing sound,,,well that sound happens when i just accelerate without hammering it,,,it's like it's lagging or something.
i'm noth sure on the terminologies for turbo lag or spool down,,,but it's the sound when you let go of the throttle and the turbo whinnes down,,,like a rubbing sound.
sorry for all confusion

1 - 3 of 3 Posts