Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
so where i live there is a really good mechanic down here and he said that it is rebuildable but neither have i the p pumps are the most reliable pumps ever made

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Okay. Is it the Bosch P7100 injection pump mounted to the gear case up near the head? Or is it the lift pump on the side of the block below the fuel filter, behind the power steering pump?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
On call 24/7
12,489 Posts
Did you recently instal governor springs?

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
So WE are saying this is the RAREST thing anyone here has seen/heard. Blowing a Bosch P7100 Injection Pump to the point a spring goes shooting out of the side of it, is the craziest thing anyone has heard.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Why don't you take a pix of it and shut them up. Just a thought.

·
Registered
758 Posts
I remember reading a thread somewhere in the past where this happened to somebody. Can't recall where or when. Would definitely like to see a pic of it though, carnage is always fun :D

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
Just checking man. You also said the oil is coming from your “high pressure oil pump”. And, the lift pump is mounted to the side of the block. Not the injection pump. Can you see why I would be confused? I’m just trying to get clarification to assist you a little better. But, if you know for a fact at this point in time it’s your injection pump then I guess this conversation is over.

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
There should be a pool of oil on the ground if the ip pump has a hole. And if so it’s not rebuildable.

Unless is a governor spring cover that flew off and springs flew out there. Take a picture of the hole.

If it’s rebuildable, send it to Seth at Ferrell diesel services. Avoid industrial.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
i thought it was my high pressure oil pump because i know of a kid that has a 6.0 power stroke and when his high pressure oil pump went out he was doing the same thing i was doing so i thought it was my high pressure oil pump but i had it looked at and it was my injection pump thats why there was oil but i have heard industrial is really good with this stuff

·
Registered
2,036 Posts
i thought it was my high pressure oil pump because i know of a kid that has a 6.0 power stroke and when his high pressure oil pump went out he was doing the same thing i was doing so i thought it was my high pressure oil pump but i had it looked at and it was my injection pump thats why there was oil but i have heard industrial is really good with this stuff
Your truck doesn’t have a hpop.

·
Premium Member
2,116 Posts
They are, but so are many others. If you’re going to buy a new IP, do some research before you buy and stay away from EBay pumps and Pensacola Diesel.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts