Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone has encountered this problem before. When I come to a stop in gear my rpms drop bellow 500. If you let go of brake the rpms goes back up. If you hold the brake and hit gas pedal it just roals black smoke everywhere and doesn’t go above 500rpm. Any help would be great

·
Registered
514 Posts
Your idle speed may be adjusted way low (one of the most common complaints - hint: get familiar with the "Search Community" feature at the top of the page). What's your idle speed in park?

·
Registered
660 Posts
last time you serviced tranny?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Your idle speed may be adjusted way low (one of the most common complaints - hint: get familiar with the "Search Community" feature at the top of the page). What's your idle speed in park?
My idle is at 850-900 with ac on. It still drops below 500 when put in gear

·
Registered
196 Posts
There is a discussion of this in the archives. Type in idle adjust. The recommendation there was adjust the GSK. Thats if a new fuel filter and cleaner did not help. I'm about to try the same, but my problem isnt as bad as yours.

Reactions: Outlet

·
Registered
660 Posts
Me thinks it is tranny line pressure is too lo allowing the clutch plates to grab, this loads engine and drags it down, Mine is same, idles at 8-900 rpm. at light will bog down to 500, put in nuetral and 800. This tranny I built back in 15, may.

·
Registered
660 Posts
May I suggest D89 how to rebuild a 47re, I am sitting here reviewing his article. Maybe the problem is a leaking LIP seal in front drum. If fluid leaks past seals, the spring pressure will overcome the hydraulic psi and will allow plates to drag. Just put it in nuetral . How long of a wrranty did your tranny guy give you?

·
Registered
660 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Any resolution to your problem Outlet? I havent tackled mine, but it is not as bad. Just curious to see if you found a solution.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts