Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 1031 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
:drool2::party018::thumbsup::shock::worthy::yourock::wowser::eek:mg:

Pullin out all the stops you are my hero !!!

·
Registered
341 Posts
Also take note of the Horton Fan Clutch on the first photo. The Horton clutches are a magnetic engagement used on semi trucks and you can control it from the cab. This allows for an engine pre-cool prior to a zesty grade. For ease of install, the fenders were eventually pulled off.

:shock::drool2:This is a GREAT BUILD Thread. When you get done with yours, I'll bring you mine to do. :hehe::rof
I use my old truck to pull RV trailers factory to dealer. I just replaced the stock fan (cracked) and clutch (non-op). But it seems to be pulling constantly while I am hooked to a trailer. Water temp doesn't even move on my mechanical gauge much. This Horton fan and clutch. You wouldn't have the part number, or know which 1 I would need for my '92 Dodge CTD? I would really like a fan clutch I can control from the cab. :thumbsup:
This would be Greatly Appreciated, Thank You

·
Registered
129 Posts
Subscribing for sure!!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Thanks for all of the kind words.

:shock::drool2:This is a GREAT BUILD Thread. When you get done with yours, I'll bring you mine to do. :hehe::rof
I use my old truck to pull RV trailers factory to dealer. I just replaced the stock fan (cracked) and clutch (non-op). But it seems to be pulling constantly while I am hooked to a trailer. Water temp doesn't even move on my mechanical gauge much. This Horton fan and clutch. You wouldn't have the part number, or know which 1 I would need for my '92 Dodge CTD? I would really like a fan clutch I can control from the cab. :thumbsup:
This would be Greatly Appreciated, Thank You
The Horton set ups use to be available direct from Mopar but as Mopar refused to update Horton to the changes they were making, eventually the supply stopped.

So where can you get them? Turbo Auto Diesel in Phoenix decided to start making the kits again. I got mine about 3 years ago but I suspect they still sell them. There was no part number at the time. It was sold by application.

And thats the part I want too. Manual cool engagement before the big hill you want to dust the new 2011 truck on! :D

Hope that helps!

Reactions: Nightrainhauling

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
OK. Here we go again. As Potato Salad ( :D ) said, we are on page 4 so....

Jan 2012: Well, remember this shot from 5 years ago? This is the fuel tank connector for the Ramcharger fuel tank. This is electrical putty squashed into the connector so that moisture stays out. Yup, nice cruddy workmanship Robert!
Time to revisit this and get a real connector. Where will I get that? Glad you asked. I will get it out of the Ramcharger. Say what? What Ramcharger? Yeah, summer of 2011 I found this for $400. No longer road worthy but very parts worthy! Pay attention for a demo on Canadian rust. ;) This is January 2012; picking up pics are from August 2011.

Chunks are falling!

Explains the roof leak….

And the floor leak….

What a mess:

Jan 2012: This is how the interior has sat for the last few years. It will soon be time to tackle this as well:

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
an 2012: Next up was dealing with the lack of paint, and the overspray that was under the bed. I had a single stage spray can in matching color made and I went to town masking and spraying. The entire under bed box skirts needed some attention.

This:

Turned into this:

Feb 2012: The final part of the 5th wheel hitch was finished at the start of January, and the Ramcharger finally parted, it was time to move onto the next item. Next on the list was fuel tank plumbing. At time of this writing, is not even yet finished.

The first test was with an old rad hose to confirm a 45* angle would be what was needed. It proved correct.

So out to the auto parts store….

And the fuel doors aligned and installed:

The other item being simultaneously worked on is the remained of the air distribution system. The air tanks and air lines for the front half of the truck are being redone to accommodate the 4” turbo back exhaust. After a recent incident of melting the airlines in the 1990 due to an exhaust mishap, I thought it would be wise to learn from past experience. This would also allow me to simplify the distribution center with a homemade distribution block.

So that brings us to mid February 2012. It seems this has taken a bit longer than the few hours I had at the airport almost a half week ago, but hopefully this is of some interest and makes the time reading worthwhile. I will continue to update as the project continues with hopeful completion being in summer 2012. If there is any questions or if I skimmed over something too fast, please let me know! I also hope you are not asleep at the computer now! :D

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
So that is all I had pre typed from February. I have made good progress since then. I still have to pull the files off the camera and type what details go with it but i will work on that.

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
WOW Im speechless:drool2: Great work man:thumbsup:

·
Premium Member
1,958 Posts
Soooooooo........................ HOW MUCH ?:)

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Soooooooo........................ HOW MUCH ?:)
For what part? Not for sale (although there has been a few times I would have loved to just get rid of it!!), and I have no clue whats into it! I think more than $20.00. :rof

·
So God Made a Farmer..
2,174 Posts
:D i dont suppose you wouldnt still have those front buckets out of the ramcharger would ya????!!

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
The ones that will end up in the 1990 at somepoint? No. :D

Lol

Reactions: TaterSalad

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
This thread needs to be published and stuck on the bedtime storys shelf.
Just amazing attion to detail
ch

Reactions: Jman85

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Lol. Thanks. And details I did not even really touch on. I did the overall stuff. Details would bore everyone. Haha

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
What a build!

·
Registered
2,234 Posts
good lord yer an ambitiuos sob...very nice....

41 - 60 of 1031 Posts