Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey, Just wanted to show off my 2600$ investment on here for those of you who hadn't seen it on DB. It's a 1993 Dodge W250 it has 286xxx on the clock. Adult owned and well taken care of. It has Pyro, Boost, and Trans on the pillar. I'm currently over seas so no pictures can be taken right now, but in 2 months I'll be home working on it and getting pics. I'm originally from MT, and that is where the truck is now. No rust!. Here it is..

Let me know what you all think! Probably just gonna leave her pretty stock for now.. maybe the average tweaks, and a 366 spring.

·
Registered
883 Posts
good buy congrats i like the running boards and giant mudflaps

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Ya, I like them to. I think it was a hell of a steal. The tires are brand new he said maybe 70 miles on them and they were 1200 bucks. No oil leaks, has coolant seaping from head gasket though and needs new Universals up front in the axle..

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
Good buy! you can't beat the price.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good buy! you can't beat the price.
Yup! It helped that it was a family friend, He had it up for like 6k but he gave me the military/ friend discount haha.. so I got a hell of a deal. Plan on towing my GTI behind her and my snap on box and everything else in the back. Hopefully she does alright on fuel.

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
my stickshift averages around 20.. 22+ on the highway.

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
ya, with the auto, it all depends how sloppy the converter is.. my 96 was an auto 2wd.. really sloppy converter (cheap reman unit was installed right before I bought it)
but as long as I drove it right, it would still average alright.. about 17-19.. but with it locked on the highway.. it was 26 all day..

·
Registered
204 Posts
ya, with the auto, it all depends how sloppy the converter is.. my 96 was an auto 2wd.. really sloppy converter (cheap reman unit was installed right before I bought it)
but as long as I drove it right, it would still average alright.. about 17-19.. but with it locked on the highway.. it was 26 all day..
Idk my 2wd 1st gen got very good millage. It has some converter in it that was done 2 yrs ago and was 500.00 bucks...... I think its after markert. But it was getting 22-24 on freeway at 65.

Reactions: diesel drinker

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
yea, the better the converter the better the mileage.. mine wasnt so good, but it was still a lockup converter, so i did great on the highway. city driving wasnt so hot, because the converter slipped more than it should have. towing wasn't so great either. I would have kept that truck if it wasn't for that trans.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did you have a 47rh? Cause the A518 is a non lock up transmission (in stock form, I guess you can retrofit parts in from a gasser to convert it to lock up). The 47rh is what I want, But I'd really like a six speed.

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
my 2nd gen was a 96, so I had the 47re, the electronically controlled one.. it would lock up. and if I had overdrive off, it shifted a little better and would lock up in 3rd gear..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
my 2nd gen was a 96, so I had the 47re, the electronically controlled one.. it would lock up. and if I had overdrive off, it shifted a little better and would lock up in 3rd gear..
My mistake, sir. I didn't realize you said 2nd gen haha. Makes complete sense now!. How'd you like the 47re? I know with a good built one with billet shafts you can run 'em locked up full time and it shifts like a manual. I'll probably end up uses my deployment money for a 6 speed nv5600 anyway.. but still would be good to get a little input on likes and dislikes.

·
Registered
8,612 Posts
mine was sloppy.. I am not an automatic fan anyways.. I'll tell ya what tho.. the 96 p7100 motor is a lot more powerful than 1st gens in stock form.. that truck could move, and it was completely stock..
thanks for serving.
I had two deployments.. 05-07 and 07-09 in baghdad
make sure to invest some of that money, it's hard to come by stateside with the goofball in the white house.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
mine was sloppy.. I am not an automatic fan anyways.. I'll tell ya what tho.. the 96 p7100 motor is a lot more powerful than 1st gens in stock form.. that truck could move, and it was completely stock..
thanks for serving.
I had two deployments.. 05-07 and 07-09 in baghdad
make sure to invest some of that money, it's hard to come by stateside with the goofball in the white house.
I can agree with you there sir! I'm not gonna get into politics on here, I don't need anyone getting all bravo hotel. Anyway, most the money will be invested in the business I'm starting. I've got everything minus a building and a few odds and ends. I wouldn't mind doing the p pump either..

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey everyone, figured I'd pick your brains a little. I've been reading around a lot and considering my options here.. I wanna leave it an automatic (all I've ever owned have been manuals) I just wanna cruiser. Eventually I'll hopefully upgrade to the 47rh. Anyways, I'm a certified mechanic so I'm not afraid of beefing up this 46rh for now and putting in a decent converter. I don't plan on hot rodding this thing right now and would like to know who has done what to their pump and kept a stock auto reliably?

Also, is it safe to assume I have an 18cm2 exhaust housing?

Anyone have a 60mm wheel upgrade laying around? I can't seem to find a for sale section, and would like to shop around for some used items.. let me know! Thanks,

1 - 20 of 41 Posts