Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well i have my 1993 w350 in total restoration process and i pulled the injectors in the process when i was doing a new front cover and vacum gasket kit. Now i put the injectors back in and the truck wont start like it use to. It turns over forever and i pump the pedal and eventualy it comes back to life. Now once i run it for a bit it start right up. Then i let it sit for a while and it does it again. What should i start checking!?

·
Premium Member
20,436 Posts
Did you bleed the fuel lines? Sounds like air in the fuel system. Start with fuel filter open bleeder and pump lever on lift pump to see if air comes out of bleeder. Next crack open nuts on injector lines and crank engine over until you see fuel comming from under all the nuts. Tighten nuts up and start.

Reactions: chris.roan

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Mine did this before and it ended up being the fuel pump.

Reactions: chris.roan

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well i think i got it. I let the truck run today for about 2 hours cause i havnt been able to lately. I had the radiator redone and i checked everything and some of the injector lines where leaking and the nuts. Tightened everything up a little and bam problem solved. Thanks for the info tho guys!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts