Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1992 Cummins that has a rusty cab so I bought a new, rust free cab from Arizona. The problem is that the cab is off of a gasser. I am wondering how difficult the wiring would be, or if it would even be worth it to try and if I should just get a cab off of a Cummins??

·
Premium Member
4,358 Posts
I have a 1992 Cummins that has a rusty cab so I bought a new, rust free cab from Arizona. The problem is that the cab is off of a gasser. I am wondering how difficult the wiring would be, or if it would even be worth it to try and if I should just get a cab off of a Cummins??
If the harness from your Cummins truck is in good shape everything should work just fine if you swap that harness into the donor cab. But in all reality the Cummins only needs 1 wire to run so if you have to use the gasser harness I’m positive it can be made to work.

·
Premium Member
20,232 Posts
You'll need the Diesel Radiator support from the 92 so that you can use the intercooler.

·
Registered
4,736 Posts
What year of a truck is new donor cab? There were a few small differences in years...wiring bulk head connector size and shape, couple holes needed or added etc, but a pretty straight forward swap with no need to find another cab. You'll just have to tear both cabs right down and swap parts. ;)

·
Registered
24 Posts
Please continue to post on your "swap". I to have a 1992 with a rotten cab and will be following with interest. Could be I won't have to drive a convertible after all!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts