Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What should I check? I have a 1984 crewcab with a 91.5 drivetrain and wire harness. I can't get my Speedo to work. When I hit the brakes to stop it will turn on for a moment or if I get on the throttle hard it will turn on foe a moment, but other than that it won't work. I have checked the ground at the computer and the one on the firewall and re bonded both of them. Are there any other ground that could cause this problem. Also I noticed that when the speedo works momentary the radio gets interference and the time flashes. THat is why I think it is a ground somewhere.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
under dash by steering column there is a Ground lug check there .

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
and also back side of the firewall there is a wire ground

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok so I replaced the VSS and still it jumps. I noticed that the volt gauge is jumping and when I get on it hard the temp gauge jumps around and the speedo will jump all over the place. Still no odometer. Is there a plug I need to ck, a ground or a splice that would affect the brake switch, volt meter, water temp, speedo, and wait to start circuit.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

1 - 5 of 5 Posts