Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, it has been a long while since I have been on the forum. A heart attack and quad bypass took me down for a while...

So, on to my problem. I rear ended an older Ford E250 van, crunching the bumper an fenders, but also having the fan contact an destroy the radiator. The engine mounts and transmission mount broke from this. I have all the parts ordered. Radiator arrived to day.

I need help in removing the transmission mount. Trying to figure out how. I have never seen one like this one. I am used to the rubber block with threaded bar on it, not one with a circular rod and two threaded bars, part number 2624.

Also what is the best way to replace the engine mounts? Like use a length of 2x4 under the oil pan?

Thanks!!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
All mounts have been replaced. Everything lined up nicely. Tranny mount is a different set up than I am used to...

Waiting on a new fan before I can start and test drive.

I cannot believe no one answered the original call for help. Oh well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just saw this, don’t browse here too often.

Glad you got the mounts done. I just did my transmission mounts, mine were shot. Easy enough job; used a piece of pipe and a floor jack to support the transmission.

Took a little finesse to get the new mounts in... but they easily eliminated 50% of the vibrations I was getting in the cab.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mounts were not too bad. The passenger side was totally broken Now to save up somecoin to replace the bumper and fenders. The new mounts have made a difference!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts