Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, as some of you know I've been looking for a truck. The local fire department here is auctioning their fire truck which is a pretty sweet rig. It's a 1981 Dodge D-400 and has heavy duty leaf springs and a winch. I wanted a cummins with a 5spd standard but this truck has a huge 360 5.9L with a automatic. It's pretty rusted but there is no holes and is really clean to be honest just needs some love juice. I'm debating if I should put a 1,000 down to see if that will win the truck. It does need some major work and I was thinking about putting a Cummins in, upgrading the axles and disk brakes.

The question is, do it... or screw it.

·
Registered
896 Posts
I would do it for a project truck.

·
SUPER MODERATOR
1,891 Posts
I moved this here to the coversion section cause it really has nothing to do with a 2010
And your talking bout throwing a cummins in her.

If in the future you could find a section that suits your thread it save's us mods alot of work moving them and you will find you get better answers.

Thanks Devon E

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, Devon, I'm going to try and win this bid. It has a decent transmission the torque-flights 727. I think down the road I'll find a old used Cummings block and really get this thing going.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts