Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

41 - 60 of 1030 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
A Reference to Post 10

you know, I've never seen the older style exhaust manifolds and I have to say, that might be the most restrictive exhaust manifold in history. It comes out of the block, runs into an iron wall and it required to make an immediate 90 degree turn .... on my, that's some good stuff right them there .... :thumbsup

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
you know, I've never seen the older style exhaust manifolds and I have to say, that might be the most restrictive exhaust manifold in history. It comes out of the block, runs into an iron wall and it required to make an immediate 90 degree turn .... on my, that's some good stuff right them there .... :thumbsup
:lol3:

All that and you can still get respectable power levels from it! Of course I will be changing manifolds... along with many more pieces, all in good time. :$:

:beer

·
Registered
309 Posts
looks awesome.....I can't wait to get started on my swap....jealous of that rig man, it is a great lookin truck....keep us updated...I have been watchin everyday!! Look forward to the next days episode!!!

Reactions: HRDROKN

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
I've got a buddy who swapped a 12valve out in a 79 ford f-250 lifted on 37's, very clean. I'll see if I can get some pics. Maybe give you some ideas or insight. Lookin very good though.:thumbsup

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I've got a buddy who swapped a 12valve out in a 79 ford f-250 lifted on 37's, very clean. I'll see if I can get some pics. Maybe give you some ideas or insight. Lookin very good though.:thumbsup
Some pics would be great! Always looking for new stuff....

The other day I seen this late model Dodge with a a four link and coil overs in the rear... Hmmmmmm :thumbsup

:beer

·
Banned
2 Posts
Lookin Good, Man. It's great that you're doing this, 'cause I've got a '71 F350 that is looking for Cummins. You exploring this territory helps us all.

Thanks and keep up the good work! :peelout :thumbsup

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Things to ponder...

Well I've been a bit stagnant on this project... the holidays and kids got the best of my time.

I have all the information for mounting the 01' Superduty front springs... then I was thinking about the spacing? The 69' is set up at 32" ... I'm not sure what my new (later model) Dana 60 front axle will have? Maybe 34" or 36"? So I have to figure out if I can change the spring perch on a later model kingpin D60 without re-tubing the axle? Does the cast perch on the pumpkin offer enough room to narrow the spring spacing to 32"? Or do I need to set my spring eye mounts wider?

Hmmmmmm....

:thud:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Your project is very Pro :popcorn: and.. it also seems like its.. "Very pro" :$:

Your work is Beautiful! I'm excited to see it finished.

Incidentally I think you can order Peterbilt trucks with alot of different power plants. I've also heard that Pac-Car will be debuting their own diesel soon. Lets hope it rocks

·
Ontario Chapter President
2,489 Posts
Your doing a fantastic job on this swap, Take the holidays off and then get back at er...I'm enjoyin the heck outta this post :thumbsup

·
Registered
249 Posts
Man, you are very talented! can not wait to see the end product. It is not often you see someone that has both excellent engine and metal working skills.

·
Registered
98 Posts
i dont think thats true look here
Thanks for your Email message
I thought i had seen that somewhere too! I was told that ford was gonna buy out cummins but when they were about to make the deal cummins told ford that they could own the rights but they couldnt use their engines in their trucks so the deal fell thru, ford just needs to stick with their powerchokes anyway.....

·
Prestige Worldwide
622 Posts
Discussion Starter #58
Detroit Lockers..... NOT!

Well, I just discovered this weekend that the axles that came with the truck did not have Detroit Lockers as they where advertised. So this really sucks as I was planning on selling the axles to offset the cost of upgrading. Now what?

Rear....

Front...

:CRY:

·
2,489 Posts
Is it possible to go back at the previous owner or who ever sold it to ya. Jeez..I'm gonna have to back and re read this post now.

·
2,489 Posts
OK, I'm caught up with everything now. All I can say is WOW! Thats gonna be an awesome ride and well done when you get r done. :thumbsup

And I'd make a call to the previous owner, you mentioned him on the "rust free" posts as well...:w:

41 - 60 of 1030 Posts