Cummins Diesel Forum banner

19 with 285/75r18 and Thuren 1.75" level

18K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  s3rgio6 
#1 ·
Here are the photos of my 19 3500 with a Thuren 1.75" leveling front coils and all 4 shocks changed to Thuren Fox 2.0. The ride is amazing and even with the 80psi the tire shop put in was better than the normal ride at 60 psi.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Nice!!! Seeing this makes me wish my garage height was more than 1.75" over the factory height of the truck now..... :(

On the flip side, at least I'll save myself money!

Reactions: USMC8511
#3 ·
OK, I have been driving the truck a few days now. I have rubbing at full lock on my Ram mud flap on my left side. It rubs harder when reversing. It doesn't look like I can trim it without compromising the integrity of the mudflap. I also do not think it will present any issues. This makes me believe those who run 37" tires on +18/+20 offset wheels are not running front flaps and are trimming the plastic wheel liner.
Still, the ride is amazing. I need to break out the chalk and do a tire pressure set. I am 65f/55r and can tell I probably need 60f and 45-50r.

#4 ·
Looks good man. Makes me want to push a leveling kit up higher on my to do list for sure. Do you think a trac bar would help with the rubbing any? Think I was around 55/45 on my 305/70/18 on my last truck.

#5 ·
Yes, I have a Thuren Track bar on order. It will re-center my axle and stop any rubbing. If I did not have mud flaps I would not have any rubbing. My driver's side sticks out 1/2-3/4" further with the OEM track bar.

#6 ·
Ok, so the Thuren trac bar did not completely solve my rubbing issue. The axle is now center, but there was slight rubbing on the Ram driver's side mud flap. Put my winter tires my OEM wheels and zero rub. Plus, it doesn't throw the mud on my truck like the +18 wheels do.

Attachments

Reactions: Rameses
#7 ·
Maybe an alignment to Thuren specs would help? I think when you lift the front, the axle moves a little towards the rear. I've got 295/70R18 +18mm with only 1" front springs aligned to their specs, and have plenty of room.

#8 ·
The day I leveled it, I had it aligned to Thuren specs. It hits my add-on Mopar mud flap just barely. I had 295/'s on my last truck and they are 1" smaller than my Duratrac 285's. I am 35.2". Cooper 295's are 34".

#9 ·
These trucks also like a 295/70/18 bone stock. My 295/70/18 measure 34.8x 11.9 Mickey Thompson has them listed as 35" x 12". Good enough for government work.

#11 ·
295/70/18 fit on my 3500 bone stock with room to spare. I read someone else has 35x12.5 on their bone stock 3500. I can't imagine the 2500 rides much lower if any. If nobody else can verify for sure, go to the tire shop and ask them to install any single 295/70/18 they have in stock on 1 front wheel, if it fits, tell them that you will buy 4 of your choice. I'd bet dollars to donuts they will fit. As far as 18" vs 19" wheels, I personally dont think any 4x4 looks right with wheels bigger than 18". I would prefer 17" on 35" tires. Even on 37"tires, 18" rims is as big as I would go. In theory, a 4x4 is going off road and needs to air down. Smaller rims just looks right to me.

#13 ·
I have a solid inch. Maybe 1.5” clearance with my set up. Even if the 2500 sits a full inch lower, you should be fine with 295

Reactions: Readyman
#15 ·
285/75/18 will be 1/2" taller overall with a 1/2" less treadwidth. I'm 100% sure they would fit on my 3500 and like I said before, I'd bet that the 2500 has about the same clearance. It wouldnt surprise me if the 2500 and 3500 are the same exact height. I suppose the diesels could be a little different that gas motors but I doubt it, and if so, not by much. I chose 295/70/18 because that's what size mickey t MTZ p3 were available at the time. And if you stay under 12.5"/305, you are in a true Load range E. 305 and up are all load range E2, which is really Load D. My Mickey's are indexed at 129 and speed rating Q. That's better than the factory tire for hauling so I suppose my payload and towing capacity increased with the new shoes. 33x12.5 or 35x12.5 would be a lower than OEM max rating being a load range E2

Reactions: Readyman
#25 ·
Yeah, they fit perfectly! I personally love how they look, but I can see myself liking them more if they went right up to the fender. That being said I dont want to get aftermarket wheels right now, I've spent enough money on this beast... for now lol. These 5th gen Laramies have quite a stock fender flare so I think I'm good with it.

As for the spare, I jumped under there today, and the only points I can see any issue with is the hitch and the driver side which are very close on stock size. I wonder if I can limp in 4wd with a 33.2 and 34.3 inch tire, but going into Death Valley I would rather not risk it. I'd rather put the tire in the bed if I have to. However, I think I can jam the new one up there, I can even deflate the tire since I carry a viair compressor with me.

I tried uploading a pic but it failed, will have to try from my PC.

#26 ·
If the ‘19+ are similar as the ‘13-‘18 trucks underneath. The 295/70/18 spare will fit, but tight. Guide past the trac bar and snugged by the hitch, driver frame and heat shield. Just be careful of the wiring loom that runs up the driver side frame when the spare is all the way up. If it’s a 2500.

#32 ·
Wondered how the stock vs. Thuren level ride was going for you. I am waiting on my Thuren kit to arrive. Went with King 2.0 over fox because I had 2.5 Kings on my last truck with a Carli Pintop 2.5 system. I've always heard Thuren leveling kit had a smoother ride with 2.0 than the Carli kit?

#35 ·
Ok. I tried to do the same but didnt want to damage the shield, especially if it wouldn't help much anyway. I think I'm fine. I jumped back under there and only other thing may be the tie rod or track bar running underneath the tire. it's just outside the tire, barely. dont think it's a problem but that's about it. wires are out of the way and it all seems good enough.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.