Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
223 Posts

·
Registered
1,958 Posts
looks like I will be ordering a 2020 then. I was going to order one once my move in August was done. That looks like it will put me into a 2020.

maybe we can get 4.10s in the SRW??:grin2:

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
Will probably see them around August or September. There are a few changes but I can't release them yet...

I would love to see an 8 speed behind the Cummins in a 2500.
I would also like to see a 7.0 Hemi or at least a 6.4 Hemi with etorque.

I don’t expect either until the true 5th gen comes out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
438 Posts
Will probably see them around August or September. There are a few changes but I can't release them yet...
Hoping to hear you announce the panoramic sunroof from the 1500 finding its way to the HD lineup and being able to get black wheels/headlights/badges on a white truck because that is all it’ll take for me to order a 19 3500 SRW Laramie Mega Cab :party018:

·
Registered
412 Posts
Hoping to hear you announce the panoramic sunroof from the 1500 finding its way to the HD lineup and being able to get black wheels/headlights/badges on a white truck because that is all it’ll take for me to order a 19 3500 SRW Laramie Mega Cab :party018:
The night/black appearance group should of been offered with any color available in the sport appearance group.
I personally think it was a glitch in the ordering system...that cost Ram a lot of sales in this short run model year.

Don't think we'll see the pano roof till the roof/cab is structurally engineered and changed.

·
Registered
63 Posts
I'm going to guess paint colors.

I don't think transmission changes are coming just yet. They upgraded both for the 19, I suspect that would have taken enough cash that they need to get more than a short year of out it. With competition though, it's got to be coming soon.

Missing 2019 features will likely be included (TTPMS, Aux Camera prep)

Curiously I don't think a lane keeping assist is available... I really don't like that "feature", but, I suspect it gets worked in with the 20's

These are great trucks. I really love mine. When a true 5th gen comes out it's going to be incredible, but, this step is really an amazing truck. I heard that Blue Streak is going away, I am glad I got mine before that happened.

·
Registered
6 Posts
The Aux Camera is available now (at least in the build guide on RAM website).

Lane keep assist would be nice, but I'm hoping the trailer is detectable now with the blind spot monitoring.

I need to order a new truck but now...

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are the changes significant, or can you say that even? I am in a bit of a time crunch with ordering a truck, but if the few weeks wait is worth something significant...
I have told people contacting me about ordering to wait till July. Kinda sucks short term but I always try to take care of my customers....

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
If you order a 19 today you'll see it late next month. If you wait to order a 20 you'll see it late August maybe but more likely September.

If you are going to trade within a few years you might as well get a 19. If you are going to keep it long term it probably makes sense to wait....

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am on the fence about ordering a 19 or waiting for the 2020. I expect tuning support for the 2019 and who knows with the 2020. Interested if Indy thinks power train changes are likely for the 2020 trucks which could potentially hamper tuning support?

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I am on the fence about ordering a 19 or waiting for the 2020. I expect tuning support for the 2019 and who knows with the 2020. Interested if Indy thinks power train changes are likely for the 2020 trucks which could potentially hamper tuning support?
Clear your inbox sir.... But here's my reply to your PM since everyone might benefit...

I sold a truck to Fleece Performance Engineering on the first day the 19s came available. They/we have been working it since they took delivery. If they can tune a 19 they'll be able to tune a 20.

·
Vendor
1,680 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Traded a few texts with Fleece last night. He is about a month away from having the 19 tune. He's been working on the Duramax and just got it done....

·
Registered
5,483 Posts
I have told people contacting me about ordering to wait till July. Kinda sucks short term but I always try to take care of my customers....
If you order a 19 today you'll see it late next month. If you wait to order a 20 you'll see it late August maybe but more likely September.

If you are going to trade within a few years you might as well get a 19. If you are going to keep it long term it probably makes sense to wait....
Seems odd. We know what the 2020 GM Duramax has in store - 10 speed tranny, etc., and it's going to hit the lots this summer. Why would Ram have some secret? If it were me I'd want to get the word out to potential GM and Ford buyers in hopes they would wait and buy a Ram.

If it's not a new 8 speed tranny at the very least, I can't imagine what there would be to get excited about.

1 - 20 of 88 Posts