Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well gonna break down and get some vision 81's and hankook dh01 265/70/19.5. found a lot of info on wheels tires etc. But i was wanting to know if anyone had any problem with ball joint wear or any thing negative about running such a heavy setup. i smoked my factory ball joints at 63000 with 17x10 alum wheels and 315/70/17 bfg all terrains any input on anything you think is helpful would be appreciated thanks

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,297 Posts
yes it will be harder on the steering. i ran
285/70/19.5's on vision rims and they weighed
in at 132 lbs. prior to that i had 17x9 rims
with 37x12.50/r17 and those weighed 85 lbs.
your basically putting another 50 lbs per corner
on the truck. i loved the ride it gave and towing
was fantastic. i did a swap to a dually and will
prolly get another set for it in the next 6 - 12 months.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Welcome to CF, might want to post up in the tire and wheel section. You will get more feedback there. "TurboTbird" on here runs the 19.5s and loves them.

Reactions: decil

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yea the weight is up there and that was my main concern especially since i just dropped 358 bucks for ball joints.. however i don't like the way my truck tows with the 315's and that was my main reason for looking at the 19.5s i don't think there will be any give in a 14 ply tire ha ha

·
hydraulic lifter crew
12,297 Posts
the 285's i ran were 16 ply and i loved em.
towed really tight, no sidewall squat, and
a nice firm ride. here's a pic of it when i
had those mounted and the truck was a srw.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
sweet deal your truck was almost identical to mine minus that glorious cow catcher don't have that yet. i also have the single wheel did you have a a leveling kit and any rubbing?? i got a 2.5 leveling spacer and figured the 265's wouldn't rub wasn't sure about the 285's

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
well good to know i figured that every thing would clear tires i have now are same height but 12.50 rub just a little but all should be well with a 10.50

1 - 8 of 8 Posts