Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 15 Posts

· Registered
193 Posts
I have a 02 with a 5 spd, edge ez, fass 150, 4 inch straight pipe and gauges. I was wandering why I only hit 18 lbs of boost on my gauge.

Did you install the boost elbow that comes with the Edge EZ? If you bought the Edge EZ used and it did not come with a boost elbow, call Edge and tell them what you have and they will send you a boost elbow. I did this when I bought my EZ used and Edge sent me the boost elbow FREE.

If you don't install the boost elbow on the turbo, the waste gate will open at approx. 20 lbs. of boost give or take throwing away your much needed boost to burn the extra fuel and help cool the EGT's. The boost fooler is built into the Edge EZ and is the the plug the you plug into the MAP sensor.

The above is predicated on the premise that you have checked for NO leaks in the boost pressure tubing to the gauge.

· Registered
193 Posts
Once you install the boost elbow you should see 30 to 35 lbs. of boost PROVIDED you have a good free flowing air filter installed. I HIGHLY recommend the BHAF. This combo should work WELL with your 4 inch exhaust.

1 - 2 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.