Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get fuel offroad boost rims and i want to run 35's for now and once i get a lift i might run 37's will 17 inch rim be to small for a 37 and will the difference in sidewall height from a 17 to a 20 inch affect my ride quality and drive ability?

·
Registered
52 Posts
I want to get fuel offroad boost rims and i want to run 35's for now and once i get a lift i might run 37's will 17 inch rim be to small for a 37 and will the difference in sidewall height from a 17 to a 20 inch affect my ride quality and drive ability?
20's will give you a more rigid ride depending on tire selection. Pretty much all tire sizes are available in 17 inch rims; its a very popular size.

In my opinion 17's with 37 inch tires would look a million times better than 20's with 37 inch tires. The "big wheel and little rubber" is stupid looking if you ask me.

·
Registered
124 Posts
37's on 20's will ride like a log wagon... 37's on 17's will give you more sidewall flex and better ride...

·
Registered
726 Posts
my biggest regret is going 20's. Dodges are kidney killers to begin with. Add a set of 20's and E range A/T tires and you will start to hate your truck. Im in the market for 17's now.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thats what i was thinking thanks for ur opinions much appreciated

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thats what i was thinking thought i would make sure. thanks for ur opinions much appreciated

·
Registered
181 Posts
I have 17's and 37"s on mine. Rides ok, better than my buddy's F350 w/ 20's.
That could be the oval lookin thing in the grill though. lol. Not to mention the bigger the wheel the more pricey the tires get.

·
Registered
3,767 Posts
Sorry to Hi-Jack but I can't help it...:stirpot: I've got some black 17x9 XD's if anyone is interested in trading for they're 20's....shoot me a PM

·
Registered
441 Posts
How old are you? That may make a difference... if you ask my dad (50 years old) he'll tell you 17s for the ride. If you ask me (26), I'll tell you 20s for the look! ;)

Honestly though my Load E MTs are 35x12.50 R20 and my ride actually got better from the Cooper 275x60 R17 or whatever stock size is. I swear I felt every damn crack on the road. But my MTs are at 50psi too so that probably helps with ride some.

Also, I'm partial to a bigger rim because I see so many rusted out chevys running 20% tread, 3rd hand, 38" tires on a 15" rim running around leaving chunks of their fenders on the road.

Curtis

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i'm 20 but i am definately a fan of big rubber and i drive alot of miles and a better ride would be nice. i hit some frost heaves on an old highway the other day following a friend and i'm purty sure my truck was airborn!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts