Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

175 P-Pump? And 24V P-Pump Build Questions..

9443 Views 50 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Caleb S
What can anyone tell me about the 175 P-Pump? I thought they only had 160, 180 and 215 pumps? What years did the 175 pump come on? Does anyone have any experience using it for a p-pump on a 24V?

Thanks for any advice and help guys :thumbsup:
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

· It's got 12 Valves...
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well after a little research it looks like the 160 and 175 pumps are one in the same..the 175/180 pumps use the same plungers, and the 160/175 pumps use the same camshaft.

So who all is out there making big power on a 175 pump? What all do you have done to it in order to do so? Full cut delivery valves, 5kgsk...etc? What kind of fuel are you flowing and what injectors are you running?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am looking at p-pumping my truck and am not really up to speed with the 12V world. Thanks :headbang:

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Well after a little research it looks like the 160 and 175 pumps are one in the same..the 175/180 pumps use the same plungers, and the 160/175 pumps use the same camshaft.

So who all is out there making big power on a 175 pump? What all do you have done to it in order to do so? Full cut delivery valves, 5kgsk...etc? What kind of fuel are you flowing and what injectors are you running?

Sorry for all of the questions but I am looking at p-pumping my truck and am not really up to speed with the 12V world. Thanks :headbang:
what is your idea of big power? I mean I think a stock 160 pump flows more fuel than a vp44:hehe::hehe::hehe:. Also what is the truck gonna be? DD/ weekend racer or total track?

· SC Chapter President
938 Posts
Yup, the truck in last months diesel power is at 711 on a 160 pump that's never been off the truck. That truck is like nothing else, I've ridden in it and it's hard to describe it, 70 mph rolling burn outs handles like it's on rails, stops on a dime. Jeff said it takes a peppy crotch rocket to beat it.

· Premium Member
1,096 Posts
94 -95 auto = 160
94 -95 5 speed = 175
96 -98 auto = 180
96 -98 5 speed = 215
California trucks run the auto pumps so a 94-95 5 speed would be a 160 and 96-98 180

Any other pump is an industrial pump

The 98s are sometimes mismatched as they ran out of stuff anything went on. Thats why you can find 98 ext cab 24 valves.

· It's got 12 Valves...
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
what is your idea of big power? I mean I think a stock 160 pump flows more fuel than a vp44:hehe::hehe::hehe:. Also what is the truck gonna be? DD/ weekend racer or total track?

Looking for 650-700HP :thumbsup:..on a single turbo set up. No twins...sorry

Truck will be turned into a 300 ft. at a time traveler :thumbsup: (track only)..but right now I am dd'ing it. It will undergo the p-pump swap later this summer/fall.

Here is what I am looking at doin

-175 p-pump- will need to be tuned..so where should I send it?

-What fuel system should I go with? Should I just get a 200GPH FASS for a 12V or go with Aeromotive or something similar?

-What injectors? I am thinking 6x.018s

-Hamilton Cam/Or Haisley Cam

-Possibly fly-cut or modded pistons..have not decided yet.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:

· SC Chapter President
938 Posts
Call jeff garmon or matt wells. Matts truck runs 660 on a single. If you can get or have the march 2009 diesel world issue his truck is in there. One of those two guys would be a good starting place.

· Registered
1,014 Posts
Looking for 650-700HP :thumbsup:..on a single turbo set up. No twins...sorry

Truck will be turned into a 300 ft. at a time traveler :thumbsup: (track only)..but right now I am dd'ing it. It will undergo the p-pump swap later this summer/fall.

Here is what I am looking at doin

-175 p-pump- will need to be tuned..so where should I send it?

-What fuel system should I go with? Should I just get a 200GPH FASS for a 12V or go with Aeromotive or something similar?

-What injectors? I am thinking 6x.018s

-Hamilton Cam/Or Haisley Cam

-Possibly fly-cut or modded pistons..have not decided yet.

Thanks for any help :thumbsup:
You could hit that number with the pump never being off the truck. Id go with some 5x.016's, 2095 rack plug (you may not need all the rack travel but It would allow for more tuning room) 4gsk or 5gsk,20+ timing, cam would help especially when spooling a big single. Are you gonna spray:nos:

· It's got 12 Valves...
4,022 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
You could hit that number with the pump never being off the truck. Id go with some 5x.016's, 2095 rack plug (you may not need all the rack travel but It would allow for more tuning room) 4gsk or 5gsk,20+ timing, cam would help especially when spooling a big single. Are you gonna spray:nos:
NO spray...