Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1600 Degrees!!!

718 Views 7 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Diesel Nut
I got a #10 plate with afc and plate full forward. I just installed my 4k gsk and took it for a spin. I was not paying attention :banghead: and was watching my tach and I glance over at the pyro (I'm just shifting into fifth) at it reads 1600 degrees. I imediatly let off and throw it in neutral and coast. couldn't of been there for more then a few seconds. Truck is running fine, was is the chance that i damaged something? Will it be ok?

Also after this episode i i slid the afc housing back, which significantly dropped power, now there is not even a little smoke should i slide the afc back forward and just take it easy? and i know i need a turbo.

thanks for reading and giving me some help:thumbsup:
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,126 Posts
your golden.. I sometimes run 1600 for speed runs lol. You'll be ok bud!! slide everything back how you had it lol!! Try not to cool it down very fast from those temps.

· Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Alright thanks.... I about sh** my pants..........how do you like that turbo you got. I was thinking on going that route.

· Registered
2,126 Posts
I agree. Um. well, I started out wanting to do twins, and so I got the small one first...and its small lol. idk. I have big mixed feelings about it. pm me. I'll talk more if your interested.

· Registered
999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks for the input guys. I just freaked out :confused013: These new mods are sweeeeet though :headbang::headbang:

· Premium Member
3,161 Posts
I am assuming you are on the stock turbo and stock timing. I think you need to bump your timing to about 19* and run your boost up to about 35 psi. I think that should take care of it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.