Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1995 12 valve engine with a 47rh 4wd tranny and a 1500 2wd body
Both are built but im going from a 4wd to 2wd
What do I need to do to convert from 4 to 2wd... truck is already braced and caged.. can I pull my cluster from my old truck and use it in the 1500.. please don't waste my time with stupid answers I have 2 months before I get shipped to fort Knox for basic and would like to have this done before then because I picked a combat mos and dont know when I will have time to work on it...

Also can I reuse the motor mounts from the 2500 I have a full fabrication shop at my disposal so cutting and welding is no problem

·
Registered
390 Posts
I'd just build my own motor mounts if you have access to a fab shop. Also if you converting to 4x4 from 2x4, you need the front axle, t-case, and 4x4 tranny as you already have. The rest is pretty straight forward. BTW, I'd use 3/4 ton suspension in the front to handle the load of the cummins engine.

-French

·
Registered
390 Posts
Oops.... Didn't read well enough. Lol I believe that you can still run the same tranny, you'll just have to match the output shaft to the driveshaft. I'm not 100% sure though. I'd still use 3/4 ton suspension in the front, but you could ditch the 4x4 axle and go with the 2x4 front end, or use the factory front end and beef it up with 3/4 or 1 ton parts.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts