Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you know i recently made a new video on youtube. YouTube - A LITTLE BLACK SMOKE... CUMMINS POWER!!! Most of you suspected i have stock injectors, but i had a buddy of mine who is a diesel fanatic come over last night and he suspects that there NOT stock because at idle my fuel pressure sits around 25... He thought it was just the ty power puck why i couldnt blow great black smoke... what do yall think? could my injectors be dirty?

· Registered
1,654 Posts
i dont think fuel pressure to the pump has anything to do with injector size. And i still dont believe those are 150 sticks. Maybe rv275's or something a tad over stock but defenitally not 150's. If i can barrow my brothers video camera ill show you how much i can roll with stock injectors and just a juice with attitude and smarty. Youd be very suprised.

· Registered
526 Posts
Those are stock... I have stock with the juice and I can put out 3 or 4 times that much and thats no joke.

· Got P7100?
6,493 Posts
Fuel pressure at idle has NOTHING to do with injector size. Also, you dont really want 25 psi at idle, shoud be about 20 max at idle with no less than 10 at WOT.

Your buddy may be a diesel fanatic, but he doesnt sound like much of a mechanic.

· Registered
1,654 Posts
now im starting to wonder if you really have head studs, valair clutch and turbo work done to that. :confused013: I hope you didnt buy it based on how much was done to it.

· Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i bought it for two reasons the price and condition. it was an added bonus that he did the upgrades but apparently he was lying about that. All i know for sure he did was power puck... BUMMER.. o well its still a great truck, regardless whats actually done to it or not. Whats the best for the money injectors? are they easy to install?

· Registered
1,561 Posts
...and when you pull the valve cover to do the injectors you'll see if you have studs or not!

· Registered
306 Posts
...and when you pull the valve cover to do the injectors you'll see if you have studs or not!
you can see them outside of the valve cover on the exhaust side and on the front beside the water outlet.:thumbsup:

· Registered
52 Posts
i dont think fuel pressure to the pump has anything to do with injector size. And i still dont believe those are 150 sticks. Maybe rv275's or something a tad over stock but defenitally not 150's. If i can barrow my brothers video camera ill show you how much i can roll with stock injectors and just a juice with attitude and smarty. Youd be very suprised.
Yeah id love to see that, im looking foward to seeing it!!

· Registered
6,585 Posts
those MIGHT be rv275's (40hp injector), they def arnt 150's. i wish you could see my 200's, i can black out a 2 lane road and not even touch my electronics.

fuel pressure has nothing to do with injector size. (25 psi @ idle is actualy a little high)

if you want a more agressive box that the power puck. edge juice, drag comp, quad ADR, or TST comp stacked with a timing box would be my top picks.

· Banned
1,106 Posts
Lol, those are definitely not 150 horse sticks, probably just stockers. I've got stock injectors myself and with my adrenaline I can roll about the same or more smoke. If you had 150s both lanes of those two way streets would be blacked out and your neighbors would be waving there fists at you as you were goosin the throttle, haha.

· THE Hood Stack Guy!
3,068 Posts
No doubt in my mind that those are stock.

But as far as inkectors go. If you dont want to plop down $1K plus for a turbo, dont go any bigger than 150's......

On a side note, I wouldnt even upgrade injectors til you find out what size clutch you REALY have. 150's and stacked boxes are Funeral persession for a weak clutch!!!!!!

· Registered
1,419 Posts

Ya i hate to tell you, but this is a free rev with an ADR(these were the 200's but you get the point), your injecotrs are stock. Diesel fanatic or not, your buddy doesnt sound like a mechanic. I could make my fuel pressure 40 if i wanted to by stretching a little spring.

· Registered
164 Posts
High pressure like that dosent mean anything. If anything that would only be reason to think there stock. I would also say to try and get the psi down about 5 or so.

· Registered
6,585 Posts
No doubt in my mind that those are stock.

But as far as inkectors go. If you dont want to plop down $1K plus for a turbo, dont go any bigger than 150's......

On a side note, I wouldnt even upgrade injectors til you find out what size clutch you REALY have. 150's and stacked boxes are Funeral persession for a weak clutch!!!!!!
my funeral pression was real short

i had a comp/ smarty stack on a stock clutch (and turbo). THEN added 200's, i can now roast the clutch by rolling in the throttle at 70mph. :banghead: :whip: :lol4:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.