Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need an opinion on 15-40 oil, there are alot of different brands of oil on the market for cummins engines, does anyone have any problem with using Motorcraft 15-40 In there engines If there oil can be used so say's the spec's on the jug?

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
I dont even run that in powerstrokes haha. I run Delo personally in ALL the diesels I have ever owned. Any 15w 40 is fine its all personal preference. Cummins suggets and uses Valvoline. Alot of guys run shell rotella or delvac. So ya know i ran delvac once god it smelled bad. And some run full synthetic. Amsoil or royal purple.

·
Registered
314 Posts
I dont even run that in powerstrokes haha. I run Delo personally in ALL the diesels I have ever owned. Any 15w 40 is fine its all personal preference. Cummins suggets and uses Valvoline. Alot of guys run shell rotella or delvac. So ya know i ran delvac once god it smelled bad. And some run full synthetic. Amsoil or royal purple.
I like Rotella 15w40 :thumbsup:, but its kind of personal opinion..

Asking somebody what their favorite motor oil is, is like asking what their favorite beer/girlfriend/car/etc is...10 people give 13 different answers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts