Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just got back from the track...best time of a [email protected]!!! :woot: with just the mods in my sig. won a $20 bet with my friend. lookin to get a 13.9 with water injection and some better tires... although I pulled a 1.9 60ft.....pretty good for a 2wd, huh? :peelout

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
holy crap thats amazing for a 2wd! (60 ft time) and congrats on a good run! get some sticks and a turbo and you would be in the 13's if the tranny holds up!!

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, that was on 265/75/16 street tires @ 20lbs of pressure, launched at around 9psi of boost.

·
Registered
35 Posts
yea, that was on 265/75/16 street tires @ 20lbs of pressure, launched at around 9psi of boost.
WOW 9psi,I can only launch at 2psi or it will blow the rear tires off, same size tires with around 28psi,my best 60" is 1.94:thumbsup

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
$20, shoulda bet a tank of fuel for either winner!!! LOL, that's great man, must have gotten on a sticky side of the track, and had your tires good and warm for such a good 2wd launch!!! YEEHAW

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yea, I drove around the water, spent a couple seconds warming up the tires, and hit right at 9psi when the last yellow flashed... then at around 25mph, I hit my lock-up switch w/ OD off, hit OD at around 55mph

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
when I get a bigger turbo, I'm going to run a two-stage boost controller, cuz I hit 35psi damn near right after I launched, and a couple times I lost traction, so I'll have it staged when I go to my 35/40 hybrid... gonna run about 45psi max and 150hp injectors and water injection.....THEN i'll have to figure out how to launch again, lol

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
be nice to your hybrid!!!! I hear they build some wicked driveline pressure!!! I'm cutting mine back 40psi max with stacks full out.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
so you recommend 40psi on the hybrid? what is its best flow at?

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
30-35psi is what I've heard.... I can ask for sure, They will hit insane boost... definantly not a good idea for more than a moment or so.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
35psi is the top of the compressor map for the hx35, I think with a hx40 compressor wheel and housing at least 40psi would be optimal.... wouldn't it? I mean it flows way more air than a hx35

1 - 11 of 11 Posts