Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
doesnt some one on here have a 14mm ve pump? i thought i read that a while back...i think its 14mm?...any one know how much and who does it? and is it worth it?

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
It's worth it if you want over 500 HP, as it's the only way to get over 500 HP.

Who has them? Stomp. KTA. Swank, I think? Does bgilbert have one? There's a few who have them but haven't gotten them installed; Ford, JQMiles, Cummins King... Then theres a few more who installed them and didn't make it very far...

They're temperamental; without a big fuel supply they don't like to last at all. And I don't think you're ever going to get good reliability out of them... I don't really know on that one, I wonder who's got the most miles on one.

From what I can tell, the only ones that I know of that are running were a batch of customs financed by KTA. They went for $500 a piece (somewhere around there) and there might be a few floating around still.

However, there is this company who advertises them as being readily available for under $300, but somehow nobody on the Internet's gotten one from them and posted a review.

·
1ST GEN MODERATOR
16,047 Posts
Bgilbert has one. I can't remember how many miles he has on it. I know its not that many. Its on his dyno queen.

They need good fuel supply. Those pump heads run hotter they need the larger fuel flow for cooling from what I understand.

Gary those head assy's are not for a every day driver. Those are for max HP engine. Dyno queens.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Do you know the most anybody's ever got on one?

Has anybody ever tried to daily drive one?

·
Registered
570 Posts
I thought KTA said nearly 20k on one of his trucks running his 14mm.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Bgilbert has one. I can't remember how many miles he has on it. I know its not that many. Its on his dyno queen.

They need good fuel supply. Those pump heads run hotter they need the larger fuel flow for cooling from what I understand.

Gary those head assy's are not for a every day driver. Those are for max HP engine. Dyno queens.
haha yea thats kinda what i thought i was just curious about them cuz my pump needs to come off some time soon it has a leak and i believe its coming from the pump head?...o yea my tranny needs to come out soon as well as my clutch and front driveline o and lets not forget front rotors and calipers and pads:$:..its funny how when you love a truck or a harley and always try to keep up on them theres always a part going out or a major failure:CRY:..but when you dont care about a truck or car and beat and beat it jump it never dies..funny how that works...sorry my mind can wonder somtimes

1 - 7 of 7 Posts