Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just recently the rear pinion seal started to leak, not all to bad but has started a very slight drip and I know that it will only get worse. Truck has 91,000 miles and I am the second owner. Question is does this still fall under the warranty of 100K power train coverage or does me being the second owner cancel that all out?

If it does in fact cancel it out, I could potentially do it myself but after reading around and seeing the 500 ft. lb. torque that is needed to reset the preload onto the yoke is a little concerning. I've replaced the pinion seal on my Toyota with no torque wrench with some simple common sense and markings and had zero issues thousand of miles and lots of hard beating onto it, given it is just a simple 9 incher with the slow pig V-6 engine LOL.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Usually warranty is for the vehicle no matter what owner.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Usually warranty is for the vehicle no matter what owner.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk
Sweet deal. to the dealer I go. Already know I'm gonna get a head ache from it but oh well. Should have had them replace my passenger axle U-joint but they would have still installed the same part that already failed due to non-greasable.

Thanks Bor2500!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.