Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, the friday before last I layed down a [email protected], 1.9 60ft. and that was with just the mods in my sig (and I took the intake off the turbo, and put a screen over it) ran 20psi in my factory tires and launched right around 7-9psi w/ the OD off.

Who thinks I could snag a 13.9 this friday if I take off my clutch fan (run twin electrics on a switch), take out my spare tire, unhook my edge from the map sensor (fuel more down low, keep overdrive on when I hit the lock out switch around 30mph). make an Ice water sprayer for my intercooler, J-hook my wastegate, and delete my muffler? any input? I only need half a second!!! :hyper:

·
Banned
1,335 Posts
hahahahaaha ur an animal lol

·
Registered
1,708 Posts
Congrats on the times brotha, thats rollin for a 7,000lb. truck! Remember when mine was that fast(before lift wheels and tires) Now it runs a slower yet respectable 14.90:beer

·
Registered
573 Posts
those are really good numbers... Try emptying as much as you can, all the spare tools any stuff you have under the seats(if yours is like mine theres probably close to 100-200lbs under there), maybe a rollpan instead of the bumper, Run on 1/4 tank fuel etc.

When you say edge power comp is that the same as the drag comp? If not send it in and get the hotunlock done to it.

Sorry I can't be more help, keep us posted tho!

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
i think you could. try and boost launch at 15-17psi......but i cant promise that you might not break an imput shaft.

good luck. keep up posted.:thumbsup:peelout:$::beer

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
being 2wd, I would just go up in smoke if I launch at 15-17...on two of my last runs I squealed them off the line and again when I hit the Torq converter lock-up... ran a 14.8 on both runs. My chip is just the Power Comp, it doesn't have the hot unlock. Right now I've got the launch pretty much down, just trying to sqeeze out a little higher trap speed and that should get me into the 13's :woot2:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Yeah dont think your going to get there like that.

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
hahaha, U know how many people told me that I couldn't break a 14.5 up here in grand junction w/ a out of the box 2500 w/ just a chip and exhaust (intake taken off to race, so doesn't matter)... I enjoy a challenge!

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I wasn't even runnin on #2 diesel either, so lets see here: 14.4 as it sits now. gotta:
-switch to electric fans tomarrow
-delete muffler
-take out spare tire
-take out all my tools n' shyt from my back seat
-unhook my MAP from my edge
-spray my intercooler w/ ice water
-Drop race tire pressure from 20 to 18psi
-J-hook my wastegate so I am truly making 35psi (really only about 31-32 right now)
-1/8 tank of #2 diesel w/ additive (ran last time w/ little over 1/4 tank)

I don't know...I'll get close I think...

·
Registered
301 Posts
loose weight and get a stickier tire

·
I wanna go fast...
3,471 Posts
:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

·
Registered
3,669 Posts
Yeah I dont think any track is going to like you spraying water during a pass they tend to get upset about fluids on the track.

Hell you could install a nitrous kit for the price of the fans and get much more HP from it.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
I don't think putting the diet on the truck will increase your trap speed.1/2 sec would require a huge drop in wt,more mph will require more hp. :beer

Bob

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I'll be misting the water on before the run and running the fans with the engine off before I stage. Its a ghetto set-up but I'm hooking up a FAL honda civic fan and some Cadillac(I think) fan. I just need a solinoid and a line from my tank to my soinoid to finish my nitrous kit. Right now I'm just worried getting truely 35psi, cooling the truck. (I ran 14.8's back to back to back, but when I turned the trtuck off and let it cool for a bit I pulled the 14.4 and 14.5) and hitting the torq converter lock-out switch at the right time/ gear... I'll let you all know how it goes :D

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
its worth the try. good luck.:thumbsup

:beer

·
Banned
1,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I'll post the times tomarrow night when I get back. I'm trying to figure out what else I can do without using any other type of upgrade any comments on what else to do?

·
Registered
349 Posts
Hammer Down and keep us posted to the outcome, I am sure you will think of something else you can do to at as well to help you get to your times!!

1 - 20 of 151 Posts