Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 16 mega cab Laramie loaded 2500 ctd and I just bought my Neighbors 13 2500 CC Tradesmen cctd.

I was going to sell my mega cab but after driving the tradesmen a week I'm not sure.

My mega cab with rear coils and Leather interior rides so damn good!

Not in the market for new 5th gen until a few more years.

I like the tradesmen has less gadgets to break but it doesn't ride the mega cab I think because in 13 it had rear coils. Great for towing but around town I notice a big difference.

What do you guys think....?

·
Registered
550 Posts
List them both. Drive the one that doesn't sell, then buy a comfy car for around town with the money from the one that did.

Your downgrade makes no sense, like using a HD truck around town and mulling over ride comfort.

Reactions: SGT-RAM

·
Sasquatch
3,640 Posts
I'd stick with the 16, the coils and critter comforts are nice. Since you're considering a fifth gen in a few years, you won't have to deal with too many electrical issues by that point.

If you ever have to park in tight spots, the 5th gen is a lot nicer. The new front end design allows the wheels to turn a lot sharper.

·
Registered
184 Posts
List them both. Drive the one that doesn't sell, then buy a comfy car for around town with the money from the one that did.

Your downgrade makes no sense, like using a HD truck around town and mulling over ride comfort.
I Agree with Drle,

Having a car to drive around town makes a huge difference. I was using my 2016 3500 Megacab to drive to work (slow drive sometimes) and it was killing my wallet. So I bought a Camry and use it as my daily driver and use the Ram to tow and travel with the family on the weekends.

I sold my 2016 3500 and bought 2019 2500 Limited and still have my Camry to drive to work.

Downgrading makes no sense at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
792 Posts
That would be a super easy decision for me. Newer model mega cab hands down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All great points.

my concern is simplicity whileI wait for 2021. I think more bugs will be respected out of the 5th gens.

I see the tradesmen 2500 2013 simple and it’s deleted and built tranny.

I’m into the 2013 for very little $ so depreciation will be very nothing.
The mega cab is prestige and loaded with leer topper and perfect condition. I figure I can get great $ for it now and just drive the tradesmen for another year.

The tradesmen is easier to park and already deleted with the tranny done.

I guess it’s a personal decision. I just know I will miss that great ride the 16 mega bab Laramie has. It really is perfect for all raid trips and luxuries to go out for dinner.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Might as well wait another couple years to buy new till the complete redesign and 8 speed tranny. That’s what i decided to do

·
Registered
795 Posts
That 13 2500 is actually the older model. Other than power train it's basically a 2010-2012. That's probably part of why it rides worse as it has leaves out back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts