Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw that someone finally did my dream of making a 12v Nissan Titan, he did some kind of axle swap and stuff like that. I was thinking though.... I have a parts truck currently that doesn't have much left besides the the engine, transmission, frame and some other odd and end parts. I want to rebuild the engine (a battery blew and the engine bay caught fire, so anything plastic is pretty melted.) I was just going to rebuild the engine and sell it, but am thinking i should swap it into something and sell that and maybe make more money. My idea was though instead of swapping axles and all kinds of crazy, basically get a Titan body and put it on a dodge frame....it may need a body lift or something, but it should be a little easier than all that other stuff (not saying its going to be easy in general lol) I may get in contact with the guy who did the swap and get some input with him, but what do you guys think? I have the frame and drive train.... good start or not wort it? the dodge i have is an extended cab long bed, so would a 4 door cab and long bed from a titan fit on it? they don't make a long bed 4 door... would it maybe fit? I was thinking with it being on the frame and what not that it would still be a 2500 truck, I a pretty big imagination and could build a bad a$$ truck... i just need a little background and input before i commit to it. Would i be able to sell it and make a good profit (I'm assuming yes... who doesn't want one of these!) or would it be better to keep it and maybe get some sponsors and make money like that. Any input, opinions, and questions would be great :)

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Actually selling or registering it could be an issue depending on the state.

Since the motor is older then the truck you want to put it in, and given that the Titan was never offered with a diesel.

I'm sure with the right tools and cash you could put a Titan body on the dodge chassis. Lot of cutting both body and frame to get everything to line up. The solid axle and engine swap the other guy did would be the easier way to go.

·
Registered
521 Posts
A 6BT titan would be cool IMO, but asking what you "should" do is like asking our favorite color.

Your location would determine the value of a 6BT swapped vehicle. If you are in a place where the beat-to-hell-and-back 12valvers go for 5000, sure, a well polished conversion would be profitable.

In Texas, where the low-end ones go for 1800-ish, you would likely have a harder time making money at that.

Regardless of location, if you want it, I say go for it. I only wish I could offer you firsthand advice about swapping bodies and frames or getting sponsored like you mentioned, but I come up empty-handed there. With the fully boxed frame on the titan, you might be able to just stick the cummins in there (after putting in really stiff springs, of course). I wouldn't be surprised if you had to... persuade... or just relocate, some sheetmetal and/or lengthen the front clip.

Personally, I think that a 6bt (or 4bt) in just about anything would be awesome. Hey, I'd put one in a corvette. I'd put one in a suburban, a tundra, an F-150 or expedition, maybe even a honda! I'd put one in just about anything that could hold it (time, want, and money given, that is).

I'm sure other people will be able to chime in with more useful advice than this. I'm just throwing stuff out there for ya

And like bluedually said, emissions or registration may give you a brick wall to run into. If you are in texas, the laws on emissions are that if it runs anything other than gasoline, it is emissions exempt. Getting it registered as a diesel might be as simple as putting "DIESEL" in the remarks of the title, like my 2500 is done.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.