Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,927 Posts
Not enough to note a change on the dipstick.

·
Registered
242 Posts
Same here ,next to nothing. Just under 220000 KM

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
Even with over 270k miles on both my rigs the level barely changes between 10k mile oil changes.
Never had to add a drop even since the trucks were new but I do 12 qts with every change.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Since I did the KDP and sealed the cover it uses next to nothing. 196K miles

·
Registered
229 Posts
You have to put oil in these trucks? Uh Oh, I'll be right back.

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
240,ish. Uses no oil. Dribble under the blow by sometimes but that's it.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
guess il be the first to admit mine leaks/ burns oil. i will notice a few drops under it each night not sure where it comes from or id fix it but i will go from a hair over safe when i change the oil to half way or more down safe by 5k mi.

i am very suprised all these people are saying they don't have this issue i know alot of people on here do have leaky engines

·
Registered
348 Posts
on my 95 with 300000km on it or 180k i never see drop in the pan, I actually had wonderd, If diesel was geting in the oil pan filling it up "on the go" but guess these piston rings and HG work like they the should

·
Premium Member
16,224 Posts
i am very suprised all these people are saying they don't have this issue i know alot of people on here do have leaky engines
I take it to mean burn oil, not leak oil.
Leaks are easier and cheaper to fix than oil burning.
I don't know about others here but I fix oil leaks right away, they don't usually get better on their own.

·
Registered
161 Posts
I'll admit mine leaks oil, but it's from the front diff cover

·
Registered
117 Posts
217k and mine leaks a small puddle from the front cover on an overnight sit on concrete. thats why i park or gravel haha.

·
Registered
97 Posts
I know more than a few ctd men that have a well lubricated undercarriage, and dont know where the undercoating is coming from!!!!!

·
Registered
2,304 Posts
I take it to mean burn oil, not leak oil.
Leaks are easier and cheaper to fix than oil burning.
I don't know about others here but I fix oil leaks right away, they don't usually get better on their own.
Same here. My engine wasn't always leak free...ish.

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
guess il be the first to admit mine leaks/ burns oil. i will notice a few drops under it each night not sure where it comes from or id fix it but i will go from a hair over safe when i change the oil to half way or more down safe by 5k mi.

Changed oil and filter 3000 miles back, level has not dropped. I check the stick once a week, maybe two. I drive close to 100 miles daily M-F.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts