Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are you 12v owners useing for more fuel delivery? or what will the oem one support hp wise?

·
Registered
247 Posts
I hear the oem pump can support 500hp. Tim and Jeff dont have no problems out of theirs.

·
Registered
99 Posts
No we dont have any problems with ours as of yet anyway, but the ones on 97-98 are different as in a better pump according to decatur. The ones on the 94-96 wont push as much fuel. Just put a fuel pressure gauge on there and see what it is doing. The two pumps look the same so all i can say is that if yours will not hold 20-25 psi than it should probably be replaced. I think the 97-98 will do 30-35 psi while cruising and 20-25 under wot which obviously depends on truck mods. If it falls under 20 then i would for sure replace it. Tim

·
Registered
202 Posts
I'm runnin a stock one, Put down 532hp 983tq last weekend. I'll be upgrading very soon tho. On the fuel i suck the guage down to nothing.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No we dont have any problems with ours as of yet anyway, but the ones on 97-98 are different as in a better pump according to decatur. The ones on the 94-96 wont push as much fuel. Just put a fuel pressure gauge on there and see what it is doing. The two pumps look the same so all i can say is that if yours will not hold 20-25 psi than it should probably be replaced. I think the 97-98 will do 30-35 psi while cruising and 20-25 under wot which obviously depends on truck mods. If it falls under 20 then i would for sure replace it. Tim
HEY TIM THAT NEW PROFILE PIC IS LOOKIN NICE. IS THAT JEFF'S NEW ENGINE?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts