Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A buddy and i did a 12v swap into a 91 f250 . were trying to find out a way to get the charging system to work . what have you guys done ?

·
Premium Member
3,477 Posts
What year is the 12valve engine?

·
Registered
4 Posts
12v in 91

I'm new here getting ready to put a 94 12v in my 91 cc dually been researching and this is what I understand will work. Using the dodge alternator there a two small posts on the back of the alternator ground one doesn't matter which one then take the field wire in the ford harness and connect it to the other post. Its my understanding this will make it charge I have not tried this myself yet but plan on doing it sorry for the long post but hope it helps. I have learned a lot here just trying to pay a little back.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm new here getting ready to put a 94 12v in my 91 cc dually been researching and this is what I understand will work. Using the dodge alternator there a two small posts on the back of the alternator ground one doesn't matter which one then take the field wire in the ford harness and connect it to the other post. Its my understanding this will make it charge I have not tried this myself yet but plan on doing it sorry for the long post but hope it helps. I have learned a lot here just trying to pay a little back.
Thanks for the reply .

1 - 5 of 5 Posts