Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, i have a pretty unique project. Im throwing a 12V cummins into a 78 f250....not that uncommon. Here is the kicker. Im putting a 2018 dodge ram 2500 frame underneath of the truck.
I know frame width/lengths are different and will result in shortening the frame.
What I need help with is, how different are 12V engine mounts different than 6.7? Are the blocks essentially the same? Are engine mounts locations in the same place 12V and 6.7?

Thank you!

·
Premium Member
15,320 Posts
Engine mounts are in different spots between a CR and 12V due to the ECM. You will have to position and custom build the mounts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Aside from the location of the mount itself, is the bolt pattern style of mount the same?

Im not not sure how to say this without sounding like an idiot! But, i dont really understand how these bolt to the frame. Im familiar with old ford engine mounts that utilize a stud and modern engines that use a through bolt through a through hole. But looking at pictures, it looks like this is half of a hole. Does the clamping force just hold it in there?

Thought I might have to move them. No biggie!

Thank you!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts