Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello, I just purchased a 2014 12v with a vp44 pump. The engine only had 80k miles but I want to change it over to a p pump. Any suggestions on converting this 12v back to its original glory days? Will any p pump work? I’m also installing this engine into a 99 f350 with a 6 speed. Any advice would be great. Thanks

·
Registered
384 Posts
That's a wild one.

QSB is offroad. That would never have been installed by an OEM in a road legal vehicle in North America. Is it a 5.9? 6.7 QSB's are real common. They have a very long stroke in a 5.9 bore.

Regardless what it is you should have no problem making it into a P-pump engine if you buy the pump, pump gear, timing housing, timing cover, injection lines, lift pump, camshaft, and you'll probably want to get a Dodge oil pan and rear sump pick up tube.

More than likely buying a complete p-pump engine will be cheaper.

Reactions: Everage

·
Premium Member
5,112 Posts
UPS typically cuts up and scraps everything, i also highly doubt its only 80,000 miles. All the ups trucks i was in had well over 300,000. Those were hard miles, most trucks had 2 or 3 engines.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
UPS typically cuts up and scraps everything, i also highly doubt its only 80,000 miles. All the ups trucks i was in had well over 300,000. Those were hard miles, most trucks had 2 or 3 engines.
Just asked the guy again I bought the engine from. He actually described this as a toter truck. Something like a yard truck that a ups like facility uses. I misunderstood and thought he said it was out of a actual ups truck. We’re going to do a rebuild on it to see what kind of shape it’s in.

·
Registered
2,077 Posts
Just asked the guy again I bought the engine from. He actually described this as a toter truck. Something like a yard truck that a ups like facility uses.
Probably the little offset-cab, single-axle yard tractors for shunting semi-trailers. We have a Capacity and a Kalmar/ottawa at work. Both are 24 valves though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts