298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #61 ·
New guards welded on to cover the little poke the cops here hate

Attachments

Reactions: 2002CTD

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Well that's to bad. I been luck I never got it. I never worn a mask either the whole time or got the vaccine I don't trust are government anymore.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Truck is looking good

·
Registered
03 superduty,12v 215 p pump,zf6,he351
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Mate I got the ******* at work. Sick wise I didn't get bad. No smell or taste etc and a dry cough. Hardest part was isolation from the entire family for 14 days. Zero contact missed my eldest boys 7th birthday for a virus that gave me less physical problems then a bad hangover.

Yeah just adding up some v bands and flanges cause I want the least amount of silicon joining in the pipework.

Reactions: Antonm

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Thats to bad. Glad ur ok.
I only have 4 silicone boost. I still have the factory boots and clamps believe it or not. Alot of blow them apart at 40psi. Mine have been holding 50lb plus for years now.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #66 ·
Yeah ill have to have a few id say that's is for sure but the big clamps will be used thats a given.

Now the progress has stopped because I can't get a he351 rear v band flange and v band. 4.4" or flange od of 112mm. No one in Aus has that size. Xant even find on ebay. I got send a 4inch v band and clamp from rhe turbo supplier but the od are different sizes by like 5mm even though the clamp will pull the 2 together ot would be dodgy to use the different od sized flanges yes?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #67 ·
Here's the difference

Attachments

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
U need adapter? I would say buy a find a down pipe from a common rail and clamp.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #69 ·
Yeah ill have to try source 1 here on Australia. Common rails are not that common unfortunately

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #71 ·
So I need just the adapter flange and vband for he351. So 4.4" flanges and vband to suit. I think its about 112mm od for the flange

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #73 ·
The clamp is what I need and just a flange that has the he351 flange and then a weld on end

·
Registered
5 Posts
I'd like to jump in here if I may. I also don't want to derail the current discussion, but I think my question may be relevant. I'm contemplating compounds on my truck as well and have a good idea of some of the required upgrades, such as head studs and clutch. I already have 5x.011 DPP injectors and a 4" straight pipe exhaust, as well as an HX35 turbo.

My question is whether or not I need to o-ring the head. I spoke with tech support at PDD and he said that, because it's a12v, I need to o-ring the head for long-term reliability. His explanation is that boost pressure rises much faster with compounds than with a single (I understand how compounds work, so I'm good on that part) and it will cause a blown head gasket over time. It sounds like good logic, but does this seem reasonable? I hear of many compound setups, but no one ever talks about o-ringing the head, just head studs for the extra boost. I'm planning on a 450-500 hp build as a daily driver with towing in the future. Any input would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
I'd like to jump in here if I may. I also don't want to derail the current discussion, but I think my question may be relevant. I'm contemplating compounds on my truck as well and have a good idea of some of the required upgrades, such as head studs and clutch. I already have 5x.011 DPP injectors and a 4" straight pipe exhaust, as well as an HX35 turbo.

My question is whether or not I need to o-ring the head. I spoke with tech support at PDD and he said that, because it's a12v, I need to o-ring the head for long-term reliability. His explanation is that boost pressure rises much faster with compounds than with a single (I understand how compounds work, so I'm good on that part) and it will cause a blown head gasket over time. It sounds like good logic, but does this seem reasonable? I hear of many compound setups, but no one ever talks about o-ringing the head, just head studs for the extra boost. I'm planning on a 450-500 hp build as a daily driver with towing in the future. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Cylinder pressure due to fueling and timing, not boost, is what dictates the need for O-rings.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Can I assume, then, that no o- rings are needed at the hp numbers in aiming for? I'm also figuring no more than 50 lbs of boost.

61 - 80 of 85 Posts