Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
41 - 60 of 85 Posts

·
Registered
03 superduty,12v 215 p pump,zf6,he351
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
Yeah ok I'll keep that in mind for sure. I think my afc live has been ok but im not real switched on as a tuner lol..

yeah I dont do stupid stuff with my truck just tow 4TONNE sometimes and mainly just a daily driver. Although I bought an old 1997 HILUX 4x4 dual cab diesel hunting/daily driver. Its far better on fuel,easy to park and has the best turning circle. But ill be honest it wouldnt pull the skin off a rice pudding its that slow

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I would like to have a hilux diesel there neat little trucks we can't get them in the u.s

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
I'll find a couple photos

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #44 ·
looks a little different now with dog cage on the tray and spotty through the roof.

just ordered a holset he200wg for it as the ARB turbo on it is shockingly miss matched. its current 444,xxx kms on the body but had a motor at 280,xxxkms

Attachments

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
It annoys me they wont engineer the 37s as it put me over the lift height here in AUS they will engineer. The 37s look way better than the 35s

Attachments

Reactions: 56Cummins

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Those little trucks are neat. Ur Ford is nice to. I want to build a ford with a cummins I want a f350 reg cab dually. I have 4 dodges diesels. 1996,2000,2008 2012.

Reactions: gun32gtr

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I don't have any pictures of my 2012 but its red crew cab dually with 6speed. My 2008 is a white 4500.

• Love
Reactions: gun32gtr

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
**** yeah that's cool as mate. I couldn't afford 4 big trucks in here in Aus they are crazy money. My old shitter would pull 35-40k once finished. The old hilux is a cool old girl, horses for courses they say.

Yeah f350 dually with Cummins would be awesome

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Trucks aren't cheap here either the diesel are selling for big money right now. I had my 96 since 2013 I only paid $3500 for it. I bought my 2012 brand new paid $40000 for that. I bought the 2000 not running got it for $1500. End up just being a fuse blown. I just pick up the 4500 this week paid $1500 for it with blown head gasket.

How much does diesel fuel cost over there. We were paying 2.50 gallon some places was less. Now since with this dummy president we got now were paying 3.69 gallon just keeps going up.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
yeah I had read the diesel truck prices had gone silly. I'm glad I got my engine when i did. Still I paid 9k for my engine alone 3 years ago nearly. This truck has cost me a bomb lol but I love it. Mate diesel prices are about $1.40 per litre. So here in GALLONS we pay about $5.18 :eek:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Wow 5 dollars gallon thats crazy. 9000 for a 12v wow that's nuts. 10 plus years ago no body wanted a diesel you could pick up a nice 2nd gen 12v for cheap. Not anymore I see rusted out ones selling for 10000. A nice one cost 20000 plus now.
What do you do for a job over there hope it pays good. Lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
Yeah mate crazy money for a 12v over here. Its got worse as well. I did buy a decent seller who picks alot of his engines when he goes over the states to shop. (so he says) But touch wood it hold up. Yeah fuel is bull **** here we pay like $1.75 a litre for premium unleaded the 98 octane stuff.

I'm a prison guard and I run a small roofing business as well as we only work 13 12hr days a month at the prison. So I get plenty time off to fit in my own stuff which pays fairly good. Whats on the cards for work over there for yourself.

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I work as a diesel mechanic for a mack truck dealership. Plus I work on diesel pickup trucks on the side I also rebuild automatic transmission mostly just dodges.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
Your right up the ally for buying and fixing up diesel trucks. I wished id done heavy diesel mechanic apprenticeship when i was a kid

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yes I am. I enjoy working on them.
Are you guys in a lock down over there?

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
@pa coal roller, did you ever talk to PDD’s customer service? Or get your issues sorted out? Any issue I’ve ever had with their parts, they have either fully replaced, or talked me through the fix on the phone. They stuff isn’t junk. You have just as much luck getting a bad part from any other big name company.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yes. I can tell you one thing I will never buy another set of injectors from them. The injectors they sent me the cores they used look like they sat in a fence row for 20 years. The one injector aways leak out the body I had to swap bodies with another injector I had. Thats 2 things I bought from them I had issues with.

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Wow. That’s crazy! Sorry to hear that. I can say my 5x.012 budget builders I got in 2016 are still running great. My AFCL I also bought in 2016 must have a blown valve in it. I sent it to them for testing last week. Sounds like if it’s bad they’ll be giving me a new one free of charge. They said the people who bought and AFCL from them when the first came out were their guinea pigs, so if we have issues, they’ll fully replace them. Crazy how different experiences can be. I’ve also heard terrible things about CPP, but again, only positive experiences here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
Yeah don't buy anything from cpp.
I will stick with dieselauto power I bought a bunch of stuff from them never had and issue.

Reactions: Stox225

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Yes I am. I enjoy working on them.
Are you guys in a lock down over there?

Yep I'm covid positive as well now. Found out few days ago. Feeling ok but 6 days in.

41 - 60 of 85 Posts