Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

12v 500hp with fuel plate and tuning only?

2530 Views 11 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  SOUTHERN SMOKE
Just was wondering as a 24v owner, my friend has a 12v and he was talking to a guy that used to work for bd diesel. He told him that you could get 500hp from just fuel plate and advancing the timing. Whats your guys take on this? true or false? Id like to know because if it is then bye bye 24v its not worth me spending the money i would have to, to get that kind of power. :doh:
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
635 Posts
Nahh, not without nitrous. There are a few people who have hit 400 hp at the wheels with no plate and a 215 pump, but their EGTs are usually around 1800+ deg.

· Registered
693 Posts
not with the stock turbo as stated EGTs would be way to high but with the right turbo and proper tuing it could be possible especially with a 215 pump

· Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea this guy was saying stock setup just plate n timing...but maybe he meant it could just put out that much but would need upgrades to withstand it for a length of time?

· Registered
9,910 Posts
Their are a few out there that claim 4-500hp without any aftermarket parts. I dont doubt that at all, with a proper tune it is possible, but in REALITY, its nothing more than a dyno queen. The EGTs will be through the roof and the poor ol HX35 will be screamin for you to let up on it!

Its possible, but the power isnt usable....

· GA CUMMINS CREW PREZ & Captain of the USS FAILBOAT
5,525 Posts
check with mopar1973man, for the list of parts he may have it, and when the guy was referring to 500hp he could have also been referring to that at the crank, like some do, to say big numbers, we all know whats at the crank isnt going to be at the rear tires... my 03 lost alot from the engine to tires, its the 305ho and first dyno stock was only 218 :shock: almost 100hp....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.