Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my buddy and me are puttin 120 hp nozzles in his 5.9 were also doing 625s head studs and a arson 3 cp3 upgrade what turbo would you guys recomend for this set up would like to keep it at a single charger and some what stock looking for pulling in the work stock class it is also a daily driver. any input is apprieated and plz give sources of were I can get the parts at thank you

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
my buddy and me are puttin 120 hp nozzles in his 5.9 were also doing 625s head studs and a arson 3 cp3 upgrade what turbo would you guys recomend for this set up would like to keep it at a single charger and some what stock looking for pulling in the work stock class it is also a daily driver. any input is apprieated and plz give sources of were I can get the parts at thank you
what ever turbo that he runs he is not going to be happy with it since the arson kit will not keep up with the 120 sticks. low rail pressure= turbo lag and lots of black smoke

·
Registered
208 Posts
64/74/14 put 110lb valve springs while you're in the head and don't do an arson3, the arson 3 is good for 600hp and tips 90hp and under, while you probly won't break your cp3 you will be happier with a stage 3 pump, if you want a turbo that matches 120hp tips don't expect to be in work stock class cuz you'll get pretty hot and blow a lot of smoke which some work/stock classes are against

·
Robert Ivey
2,168 Posts
what ever turbo that he runs he is not going to be happy with it since the arson kit will not keep up with the 120 sticks. low rail pressure= turbo lag and lots of black smoke
I agree, 120s + arson kit = anything over TNT Level 1 lost rail pressure on top end on mine and lots of smoke. Works great with a 66/74

·
Registered
1,148 Posts
I'm gonna run a 66/71/13ss with mine. But it won't look stock

1 - 7 of 7 Posts