Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it cranked up then died so i checked my shut off solenoid and it had gone out so i turned it on manually now i guess i lost my prime or got air in the fuel system an she wont crank

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Help!!!

i cracked the nut on top of the fuel filter housing and pumped on the primer about a 100 times and can barely get any fuel.

by the way its a 1996 one ton....... any help would be greatly appreciated

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
it wouldnt fire but i took it to a mechanic and its getting a new shutoff solenoid and a injector pump

thanks for the help

·
Registered
32 Posts
It might be sucking air back somewhere between lift pump and tme fuel pickup in the tank.

·
Registered
373 Posts
it wouldnt fire but i took it to a mechanic and its getting a new shutoff solenoid and a injector pump

thanks for the help
Fire it off the gas rag If the truck fired then shut off and u are able to get fuel past the IP then u have a good p7100. My p7100 has about 500,000 on it with no problems

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
Why would you need an new injector pump? And when I change out my fuel filter it takes about 200 prime pumps before I hear the bypass working.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
Why would you need an new injector pump? And when I change out my fuel filter it takes about 200 prime pumps before I hear the bypass working.
there should be no reason to replace the injection pump..that alot of money for something that was improperly diagnosed

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a 2003 3500 dodge diesel extended cab (4 door) that seems to be having and injector problem, when truck warms up it misses and almost kills engine. yet nothing shows up when they run tests on the computer....can hear the problem but it seems to be invisable to all tests done by gearage, any suggestions?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts