Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is th8is a possibility. the 06 has a cr cummins in it now i was just wonderin about wiring and gauges and such. i hate cr motors this is the second one ruined by injecter/fuel problems...bulletproof my assssssss. any thoughts or experience woulld be greatly appreciated...thank you

·
Registered
151 Posts
well anything is possible with enough :$:

sorry i cant be more help.

·
Registered
2,796 Posts
it definately possible..just keep in mind you have to get a different tranny at the same time

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
why the different tranny? i can get a stand alone computer for the 48re. wont bolt up?? thanks man

G

·
I don't think it will bolt up other wise destroked wouldn't have to build another adapter. I am not 100% sure on that though. I honestly would just keep the CR. Once you get some good injectors it should be better. I would prolly consider selling the truck vs. swapping a 12v in it. Just my 2 cents though.

·
Registered
63 Posts
A 12v should bolt up but you will need a flywheel, I thank that is the big difference maybe a new rear plate, and a stand alone computer for the tranny. The back of the block on a 12v and 24v are the same. I know this cause you can bolt a NV5600 right up to a 12v, I am doing it now.

·
Registered
1,121 Posts
The tranny will bolt up no problem, flywheel too. The biggest problem I see with the auto is the electronics that control it, but with a stand alone that should be fine too.

·
MI Chapter President
5,684 Posts
its not so easy to put a P pump on a common rail, a puller did this a little while ago (about a year ago) and he had TONS of time in it, new front cover, gears, etc...

12V in a 06 can be done and has been done, just get ahold of Jeff Garmon, granted he puts them in 1/2 ton 2wd's Im sure he can help you out:thumbsup

·
Premium Member
2,347 Posts
its not so easy to put a P pump on a common rail, a puller did this a little while ago (about a year ago) and he had TONS of time in it, new front cover, gears, etc...

12V in a 06 can be done and has been done, just get ahold of Jeff Garmon, granted he puts them in 1/2 ton 2wd's Im sure he can help you out:thumbsup
I know that it would be very difficult but it would be awseome.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Destroked adapters are differant because the 12 v needs o-ring for the cam seal

·
Joel's Diesel
1,270 Posts
If you do this, I'm sure Destoked can help. If the CR motor is still good, I'd be interested in buying it from you. Gotta plan for a 05' ford with a CR cummins in it.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Talk to Powerhouse Performance Diesel there is a couple of CR motors with P Pump conversions rollling around he sells the kits to make yours into one just not the pump gears cover etc. It will help you in the long run you can keep your motor trany and stuff. Im sure he can help you make it streetable also.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts