Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We recently had a contest to give away an AFC LIVE control box to whomever came up with the best name. However, the thread was taken down because we were not quite officially...err... exactly a site sponsor.

NOW WE ARE!!!

To celebrate our recent sponsorship here at Cummins Forum, and because we'd like to reward the good members here with another cool new product, we are having a 12 valve injector give away!

Here at Power Driven Diesel we are releasing a new line of injectors called the "Budget Builder" series.
BUDGET BUILDER INJECTORS | Power Driven Diesel

Within the budget builder series is the soon to be famous Baller on a Budget 5x014" VCO 145* 150 HP injector, on sale now for $350. We'd like to give away a free set of these Baller on a Budget injectors to the most deserving Cummins Forum Member.

The rules are simple: nominate one of your buddies, friends, etc. who is a member here at Cummins Forum and someone who will actually install these injectors in their truck, not someone who will turn around and sell them... Just post up their screen name and a short reason why you think they deserve the free 12 valve injectors. You cannot nominate yourself, or vote for yourself, but you can vote for others!

The contest ends Saturday July 25th at midnight mountain standard time. We will announce the winner mid-day on Monday July 27th.

Good luck, lets see if we can get these injectors into the hands of someone that wants to go fast..... on a budget!

·
Registered
686 Posts
I'll speak for everyone and say thanks for the give away's and years of good advise and suggestions. Definitely a member who's posts I search for, and a shop I'll support.
What? No I'm not trying to butter you up and turn this into a hat draw...

·
The 10th Man
4,366 Posts
I figured that's what happened to that other thread.

Dang, now this is a hard one for me. Not so much thinking of someone that has deserved them, and would install them, but picking who. There are so many one here that meet that criteria, If I pick someone, then I leave out all the rest.

I think I'm going to go with Duantless89. He's very knowledgeable, and has added a huge amount of knowledge to this forum, with his posts and write-ups, and is always very kind when he shares his knowledge, plus I think they would go with with his compounds.

EDIT: After hitting submit, I decided to change my choice, I originally didn't want to pick Tony for the wrong reasons, then realized he's not only a good friend, but a great member.

·
Registered
317 Posts
I too nominate Dauntless89. Always helpful and does very thorough write-ups.
I see on your web page you offer polished inector bodies, what is the advantage to that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
202 Posts
I too nominate Dauntless89. Always helpful and does very thorough write-ups.
I see on your web page you offer polished inector bodies, what is the advantage to that?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
It is only for appearance. If someone is spending a lot of time on their engine painting it and making it look really nice they often opt for the polished bodies. It does not offer any performance advantage at all.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I vote for Tony also.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am all in for Tony also, he is the man !!! Tony being Dauntless89 of course

·
Registered
400 Posts
When I saw Big Blue 24's post I immediately thought of 'Dauntless' too. My vote is for him as I have learned a lot by just reading his well thought out and well written posts. He also isn't cantankerous. :)

·
Registered
688 Posts
There's a 1/2 dozen guys on this forum that have helped this old dog learn some new tricks and in my opinion deserving. But if I had to pick just one and the criteria was detailed analysis and willingness to share, not to mention the ability to keep it real, my vote is for Tony. Plus we would for sure get a report on just how good those injectors are!:thumbsup:

·
VP of the dry side
4,214 Posts
Gosh dang it, I was gunna comment last night with my vote. But got to busy. If I had someone else on the forums that I knew well, and was in need of that size injector I would change it up. But all my other 12v buddies already have your injectors Will :hehe: so I'm gunna have to say Tony also. For the exact reasons cowboy stated. Not only is he a cool guy, but will go into extreme detail on what most would consider "simple stuff". Which is always great on forums. Someone willing to take the time to really break things down. I think Tony would definitely put those injectors to great use with the compounds he's building. And maybe, just maybe, cure him of his new found high hp addiction :thumbsup:

·
Registered
31 Posts
I am really liking the thinking behind this!!! I have question you do have to set the pre-boost on the afc still correct and then live does everything else on the top end?

·
Registered
31 Posts
I've read it and just reread I'm under the impression. That you still have to set pretty boost? If this is the case I'll probably do the in cab preboost so I have everything going on the fly. Watched there videos last night and am very interested bc of the tuning ability

·
Registered
688 Posts
I've read it and just reread I'm under the impression. That you still have to set pretty boost? If this is the case I'll probably do the in cab preboost so I have everything going on the fly. Watched there videos last night and am very interested bc of the tuning ability
I guess I'm not sure what you are asking. :confused013: Post #18 says, ( and this is from the guy that builds it), " You don't need the pre-boost threads or screw per-say, but you do need an air-tight AFC cover otherwise it won't work with the stock reference tube or AFC LIVE. So as long as the stripped threaded hole is plugged, epoxied, or re-tapped with a larger screw, it will work great." The key words in that quote is "you don't need", "plugged", "epoxied". That tells me if it's close and sealed, it'll work or you don't need it at all. If I were you I'd get on that thread and ask Will directly. As far as the in cab cable the only time I ever use mine is if I make significant changes in say timing, turbo, DV's, etc. Then I disconnect it because the sound transfer from the IP to cab is horrible. Not if but when I get this AFC Live I'm gonna pull it all together.

·
VP of the dry side
4,214 Posts
You still have to tune the pre boost screw, then the rest is controlled by AFC live. If you have any more questions please post them in my review thread to keep the clutter outta this one :thumbsup:

Reactions: torery20 and hookit

·
The 10th Man
4,366 Posts
I'd say Tony has them in the sac...

I still think Tony deserves these, and is the best candidate to receive them.

However, just to give credit where credit is due. I wanted to mention Illflem. He joined back in 2005 and has over 16000 posts, and over 2100 thanks. His Knowledge and understanding of these engines is unbelievable. He is extremely patient, answering the simplest and dumbest questions. All of his knowledge is from first hand experience. He is extremely humble as I have yet to figure out what kind of setup he's running. I know he's got water-meth, and think he has compounds, other then that I have no idea. His username on here is "Illflem", short for "Bill Flemming" on other forums he's "infidel"... lol talk about modest. He used to be a super mod, or an admin, but recently got demoted, but there is a lot of responsibility that comes with that. He has also written about half the tech articles.

He helped me with my first problem I posted about my truck. And is the reason I started on here, as I noticed he was so knowledgeable, yet was answering the simplest questions, questions even I could answer... So to show my appreciation, I thought I'd try and lighten his workload. In other words, I owe my whole CF experience to him, and am very thankful.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts