Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 1995 ram 2500 5.9 12v it was running fine but once in a while coming down long hills it would die. It would always start back up again without to much fuss. Now a few weeks ago I was coming down a logging road and it died again but this time it won’t start at all. Fuel shutoff solenoid is working how it should. If I crack the bleeder on the fuel pump and crank the engine I get fuel coming out. If I undo the ofv and crank it I get fuel there. But when I crack the injectors I get nothing. I thought it was the ofv cause the spring was broken inside. I replaced it with the stock HP tork tek one. It’s supposed to be set for 30psi I don’t have a fuel pressure gauge so I don’t know what the pressure really is. I’m gonna rig something up this weekend to test it. Haven’t opened up the fuel heater yet or checked the fuel filter but it was running awesome so I don’t know if those could be the culprit. I’m gonna check them today and replace the fuel filter most likely. Then reveled everything just to be sure but I’m running out of ideas. I’m not a very good diesel mechanic so any advice would be appreciated

·
Super Moderator
24,462 Posts
If your not getting fuel to the injectors then your FSS isn't pulling all the way up.

Does the fuel just dribble out of the bleeder or have a good squirt out?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts