Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm goin to build my truck with 150 hp injectors and full cut dv's and 4k gov springs. What horse clutch do I need and will I have to stud my heads

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's got 4.10's but no not pulling just want power and I want a sd clutch. And stock holset turbo

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
Good luck with that combo if lots of heat and smoke is what you want go for it, if you want it to run right you better get a bigger turbo period or your gonna have issues. I couldnt even run my comp dv's with the stock turbo with out being stupidly hot and couldnt use the power because it was just way to much

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So what all do I need in order to do this or what would u prefer

·
Registered
2,332 Posts
First what are your goals and why do you want to keep the stock holset turbo. You need to have a goal in mind and what you are gonna do with the truck like race,pull,tow, just daily drive etc.What # plate do you have, do the gsk and start playing with your pump, The gsk will make it a whole nother animal, do all the free mods and start looking for a clutch. Always plan for more because once you start to feel the real beast its hard to stop

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm looking for 400 to 450 hp and I'm running a tst plate but I also have a #10

·
Registered
742 Posts
Read the begginers thread and get a feel for some combos and do's and dont's, any quick read will tell you those DV's are basicly Race/pull items.

Why does everyone want to go for full kill with a stock charger etc? I guess they read a web page and it says these ad XX Hp so thats what they want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts