Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a ‘19 ram 2500 and want to put 295/70/18 on the truck. I was looking at the 18x9 method mesh wheels with a -12 offset. Anyone running the same size tire with -12 offset wheels? Do they rub? I want to keep the truck stock but may have to level it.

·
White Lightning
12,018 Posts

·
Registered
1,938 Posts
you would be better off with the +18 offset
just saying

·
Registered
2,968 Posts
Stock wheels are like +44mm offset or close to that. So do the math.
Gain 1/2" track width due to the 1" wider wheel and about another 2-1/4" with the offset difference and a smidge with wider tires, so they'll stick out close to 4" further.
If you're ok with that then leter rip. Not brodozer wide, but a bit more than I'd like. Big fender flares will be on tap unless you're ok with slinging ____ all over the side of the truck and chipping the paint up.

For only 295 tires, I agree, I'd stick with more like a +18 offset.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I put a leveling kit on mine and used a 17” method and 0 offset on 37” it barley rubbed trimmed a little bit and now it doesn’t rub

·
Registered
267 Posts
So the closer to zero and below the further it will stick out? What will keep it flush or just barely sticking out with a 295/70/18?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I currently have 295/70R18 on my stock truck on stock wheels with no rub at all with tons of clearance.
Looking good there. I don't like the tread sticking out, looks like crap.

·
Registered
201 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
24 Posts
Then I'm confused, Why do they stick out passed the fender? +20 from what I understand would keep the wheel inside the fender.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It is a wider 9 inch rim with wider tire so if it didn't move in some it would stick out even further. The stock rim offset is in the +50 range I believe.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts