Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

12 inch Whiplash on 40s INSTALLED!... I LIKE IT!!!!

26946 Views 57 Replies 39 Participants Last post by  Eden080
well i acuired a 10-12 inch whiplash lift in a trade so i thought what the hell! i had to wait on new upper control arms and lower arm frame mounts. I finally got them in yesterday so it was game time! i worked all night and finished at 7 this morin in time to drive it across town to the car show lol.

i really like the kit man this thing is big tho! i have heard alot of bad about whiplash so i was leary but its not that bad ill have more info later tho. the upper control arms did not just fall in place but with a lil elbow gease i got them in there. that was my main complaint.

the kit was used so the track bar drop was cut off the other truck so i had to do some work on it to get it on.

i did put the 2 inch spacers on top of the spring so it is a 12 inch kit and i put 2 inch blocks under the rear springs.. still sags just a little in rear but it does not look bad

O and this think as far as Riding is Alot better than my 4inch superlift! prob better thatn stock!

as far as drivin it im not sure yet i dont have sway bar on yet cuz i didnt have time so it drives like a tunna boat lol but im heading out there right now to get it and a BD steering brace put on and ill let yall know how it drives.

well what to you guys think here she is

o tires are 40x15.50x20 and blac truck in pic has 6inch reveteck and 37s

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

· Registered
1,816 Posts
looks good

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
ok now here is a time line of the ol truck lol
first

second

Third was 2 inch spacer single rear wheel and 33s but cant find a pic

Fourth

Fifth (current)

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol thanks guys! the bottom of the headlights measure 54inchs from teh ground lol thats the law lol barley made it!

· Registered
536 Posts
that looks f...ing great...i want my truck bigger already

· Premium Member
6,894 Posts
Crazy man! That truck is sweet! I like the pic where it looks like its about to roll over the SUV. Good work!

· Registered
108 Posts
Great job! I really like how you blacked out the door frame between the front and back door glass. Bad A$$ truck dude

· Premium Member
236 Posts
now how do you go about blacking that out. did you paint it.

· Braaap, Braaap, BOOM!!!
6,917 Posts
Holly. How many lifts have you had on your truck now? 5? Look good. You just need a front drive shaft now.

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
thanks guys lol and yea 2inch spacer, then the kore, then 2 inch spacers again then 4 inch then turned it inot a 6 inch and now this lol. but for blacking out the window frame i went to a place that makes vinyl signs and got some black vinyl and just poped off the weather strip around the window and put the vinly on there and cut it out and then put the weather strip back on. its really easy!

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
o and for the front drive shaft im bout to go to work for couple weeks but when i get back i gotta get it extended

· Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
thanks man and no they are jesse james I beams

1 - 20 of 58 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.