Registered
1,341 Posts
Yes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: lobolito

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
You have 35’s with an uncorrected speedometer, I assume? Do you mean to say that you are traveling 5mph faster than what the speedometer shows? If so, that’s about normal for the size of your tires with an uncorrected speedo. If you’re speedometer is reading 5mph faster than you are actually traveling, then there’s a problem.
Either way, both situations affect the odometer.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You have 35’s with an uncorrected speedometer, I assume? Do you mean to say that you are traveling 5mph faster than what the speedometer shows? If so, that’s about normal for the size of your tires with an uncorrected speedo. If you’re speedometer is reading 5mph faster than you are actually traveling, then there’s a problem.
Either way, both situations affect the odometer.
From my understanding, with larger tires the speedo should be reading slower than what I am actually traveling. But my speedo is reading faster than what I am actually traveling. So when my GPS says that I am doing 60 mph, my speedo is reading 65 mph. What kind of problems could this be indicating?

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
My xrt pro can do that too. I'm 2 hours south of you. LULZ

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
From my understanding, with larger tires the speedo should be reading slower than what I am actually traveling. But my speedo is reading faster than what I am actually traveling. So when my GPS says that I am doing 60 mph, my speedo is reading 65 mph. What kind of problems could this be indicating?
Does it show 5mph faster no matter what speed you are going?
Was it reading correctly before you got 35’s?

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I would say it’s a problem with the speedometer dial itself. And, yes, that is directly related to how many miles the odometer picks up.
So I may have to replace my transmission speed sensor? Im not throwing any codes so I might try and get with one of my buddies with a bully dog and reset it that way first then go from there. Thank for all the help bud!

·
Premium Member
2,473 Posts
So I may have to replace my transmission speed sensor? Im not throwing any codes so I might try and get with one of my buddies with a bully dog and reset it that way first then go from there. Thank for all the help bud!
No. The speedometer picks up its signal from the wheel speed. I don’t think it’s a sensor issue because they would have to all go bad to do that. If only one was bad, you would get a Uxxx fault saying something like “implausible wheel speed...”. I think it’s just the actual speedo needle itself.
I say correct your speedometer for your tire size first, and go from there.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
Nice, I frequent the bay area more than I do DFW. Got family in Brazoria county. Yall got hit with a bunch of rain again here pretty recently ya? Whats the conditions like down there?
just a water spat. dry now. It was mostly down town H area that flooded.

·
Registered
1,072 Posts
with 35's you're about 10% off.

·
Registered
4,549 Posts
Ya, its pretty consistent 5mph faster across the board
Fix that issue before trying to correct for tire size.
Personally I wouldn't worry about correcting for tire size with only 35s. And, I'm sure the newer Bully Dog Tuners are better, but my old PowerPup tuner on the 07 will screw up the truck if you try to adjust tire size. I'd consult BD first if you're using a BD tuner. The tech there (after he re-flashed the truck/tuner) told me to never touch the tire size button again! FWIW

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.