Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner

110 mph then no more

1317 13
My cummins gets to 110 mph nicely but then stops going, is there a governer or did i miss something?
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Registered
245 Posts
yes there is a speed limiter. Some new programs like the Smarty allows you to increase the limiter.

· Registered
162 Posts
What size tires you have? Your probably not going to go a hell of a lot faster we just dont have enough rpms..maybe someone can chime in with gear/tire info and their top speeds?

· Registered
314 Posts
well if you truck is like mine than you ran out of rpms lol 3200 is all she will do...unless you have the mods to go to 4k and beyond

· Registered
550 Posts
wow 110 my duramax only went about 95 then no faster when i put efi live in 115 was tops
i have seen 135MPH in my Duramax already,or thats what my Garmin GPS said! o yes thats with EFILive also

· Registered
427 Posts
I can hit 120 quick and hold it there but I don't get anymore than that.

· Registered
753 Posts
i had a duramax that i topped out at 142 with gps

· Registered
753 Posts
yep, no bs on 35x12.50x16 super swamper radials. i use to make trips from decatur to whichta falls every dang day for 6 months. dang women!

· Registered
29 Posts
I have gotten my truck to 130 but it was well into the red on the tach and screaming!!!! Kinda cool to know it will move like that but I am sure it would't go that fast very far.

· Registered
959 Posts
My truck used to go 121 with a smarty but I put another engine it last month and its the same year and same tranny and everything and n ow I can only do 110 I dont get it and I set my smarty to my tires

· Registered
159 Posts
Mine tops out at 112 mph at 3400 rpm

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.