Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

I am going to pick up a biodiesel processing set up and it run on 220 volts....I know they make international 110-220 converters...I could not find anything definitive by googling it but do they make American 110 set up to 220? Thanks in advance..

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Nevermind...I think I found one at radioshack.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Try amazon.com

·
Registered
92 Posts
Hey all,

I am going to pick up a biodiesel processing set up and it run on 220 volts....I know they make international 110-220 converters...I could not find anything definitive by googling it but do they make American 110 set up to 220? Thanks in advance..
Unless I'm missing something, you don't need a converter: You already have 220 volts at your home. Your clothes dryer and your water heater probably run on 220 volts. If you're buying a Euro processor, then you'll probably have to do some fiddling with voltage/frequency; otherwise you're good to go.

But, like I said: I'd need more info to really know what you're getting into. Sorry: I'm an electrician by trade, and I can't help chime in with stuff like this.

·
Premium Member
5,204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Unless I'm missing something, you don't need a converter: You already have 220 volts at your home. Your clothes dryer and your water heater probably run on 220 volts. If you're buying a Euro processor, then you'll probably have to do some fiddling with voltage/frequency; otherwise you're good to go.

But, like I said: I'd need more info to really know what you're getting into. Sorry: I'm an electrician by trade, and I can't help chime in with stuff like this.
Thanks bud.:thumbsup

1 - 5 of 5 Posts