Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Whats it gonna take for me to get there with the truck in my sig? track elevations like 20 ft, i know the basic stuff but im not to educated in the little stuff it takes to make big HP lol i raced a local dmax that went 12.59 and we were literally side by side from 50-120... i cant have that lol

Heres a list of things im considering, along with whats in my sig... tell me where im going wrong or any tips or pointers...

R850 Twin upgrade considering i already have the special
bigger injectors... 150s? 175s? 200s? Not sure
CP3 upgrade, would i need twin cp3s or could i get away with one big one?
What else do i absolutely need? springs? cam? etc. Thanks in advance i really appreciate it:thumbsup:

oh and i gotta dr.p stg 3 pressure box ill put on and i know i'll need headstuds...

·
Registered
809 Posts
Whats it gonna take for me to get there with the truck in my sig? track elevations like 20 ft, i know the basic stuff but im not to educated in the little stuff it takes to make big HP lol i raced a local dmax that went 12.59 and we were literally side by side from 50-120... i cant have that lol

Heres a list of things im considering, along with whats in my sig... tell me where im going wrong or any tips or pointers...

R850 Twin upgrade considering i already have the special
bigger injectors... 150s? 175s? 200s? Not sure
CP3 upgrade, would i need twin cp3s or could i get away with one big one?
What else do i absolutely need? springs? cam? etc. Thanks in advance i really appreciate it:thumbsup:

oh and i gotta dr.p stg 3 pressure box ill put on and i know i'll need headstuds...
stock wheels and tires will help a poop load and a good hard launch. i dont see why that wouldnt put you in the mid 12's. also before u do any of that get a RP gauge and ge tthat DR P. box on there that will help more then u know too. to get to 11:90's from there shanes avenger cp3 and 120's maybe 150's but thats pushing it. also the R700 should do it for u. how hard do u launch and whats ur 60'

·
vvv SOME PEOPLE'S KIDS vvv
11,109 Posts
There are a couple guys on here that went from the R700 to the R850 and say the spool up is almost the same but the topend just won't stop pulling... R850 is the way to go and I'd go 150's. I've got 120's with my special and fixn to bite the bullet on a Hamilton cam with all the other goodies and then I'm getn Shane to build me a compound with my special and an S480. But my truck is a 6spd so it's a slug from 0-60.

Reactions: B Grubbie

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got the hard launching part down dont you worry lmao i launch at 25lbs... i know its just a matter of time before i break somthing but ive done it upwards of 25 times at the track and on the street so i fgure ill keep doin it til it breaks lol... 60 foots are 1.7's with the big tires...

Hopefully ill find time this week to put my methanol kit on, that the pressure box and the stock tires im hopin to be around 12.50's

As for the R700s, i know they use a super b but not the super b special... would it be possible to use the special with the r700s so i could just buy the upgrade instead of buyin the complete kit? im not set on BD twins either i just like em because i could use the turbo i already have ya know? is there any other kits i could use the special with?

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There are a couple guys on here that went from the R700 to the R850 and say the spool up is almost the same but the topend just won't stop pulling... R850 is the way to go and I'd go 150's. I've got 120's with my special and fixn to bite the bullet on a Hamilton cam with all the other goodies and then I'm getn Shane to build me a compound with my special and an S480. But my truck is a 6spd so it's a slug from 0-60.
Yea, u make a good point because i know ill prolly upgrade from the r700 eventually too lol

just curious how much do you think its gonna cost you for him to make u a kit using your special?

·
Registered
981 Posts
stock wheels and tires will help a poop load and a good hard launch.
has anyone done a back to back comparison of how much difference different size tires make? im just curious because everyone always says bigger tires hurt your times but i ran a 12.7 with 34s and now the best i can get with my 32s is a 12.8.
sorry for getting off topic :spank:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
has anyone done a back to back comparison of how much difference different size tires make? im just curious because everyone always says bigger tires hurt your times but i ran a 12.7 with 34s and now the best i can get with my 32s is a 12.8.
sorry for getting off topic :spank:
Are the 32s wider?

·
Registered
981 Posts
no, the 32s are 305 and the 34s were 315. i went from 17s to 20s but the wheel and tire weights are almost the same :confused013:

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Beats me lol whats your 60ft like?

·
Registered
981 Posts
1.7x is the best for both tires with about 20psi launch.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I got the hard launching part down dont you worry lmao i launch at 25lbs... i know its just a matter of time before i break somthing but ive done it upwards of 25 times at the track and on the street so i fgure ill keep doin it til it breaks lol... 60 foots are 1.7's with the big tires...

Hopefully ill find time this week to put my methanol kit on, that the pressure box and the stock tires im hopin to be around 12.50's

As for the R700s, i know they use a super b but not the super b special... would it be possible to use the special with the r700s so i could just buy the upgrade instead of buyin the complete kit? im not set on BD twins either i just like em because i could use the turbo i already have ya know? is there any other kits i could use the special with?
thats a good 60' with big tires but the tires, pressure box and meth should deff get u to the 50's

·
Registered
406 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thats a good 60' with big tires but the tires, pressure box and meth should deff get u to the 50's
yea im hopin, ill keep you posted :thumbsup:

Im waitin for you to just tell me you wanna sell your truck that way itd ssave me a lot of time an money :rof

·
Registered
809 Posts
yea im hopin, ill keep you posted :thumbsup:

Im waitin for you to just tell me you wanna sell your truck that way itd ssave me a lot of time an money :rof
lol everything has a price hahahah some r just not realistic but u will get there its only a matter of time

·
Registered
117 Posts
does that devils own make that much difference. what kind of egts do you see at the end of the track

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
r-700's were good to me also. did 11.82 with DDP90's, and just swapped out for the 850's and DDP 120's. truck feels like a easy 11.60...no proof of that yet though..but i can definately tell where its at.spool up with the r-700's and 90's were unbeatable, quickest ive seen.and the r-850's are just a tad slower, but still very fast, with 120's.

·
Registered
809 Posts
are u running stock injectors
yes and stock cp3 for now my 90's and arson im hopin to be in this week. here i come 11's hahahaha i hope:drool2:

does that devils own make that much difference. what kind of egts do you see at the end of the track
yeah it made 3 tenths of a diff i ran a 12:64 w/o it and in the a consistant 12:33 with it. it takes a bit to get it tuned w/o a progressive controller but i dont use it on the street so i just saved the money and set it up so its ON or off. and w/o it im at 1475 at the end of the track and 1325 or so with it. but u can get cooler egts i just have a heavy water/meth mix

·
Registered
117 Posts
yes and stock cp3 for now my 90's and arson im hopin to be in this week. here i come 11's hahahaha i hope:drool2:

yeah it made 3 tenths of a diff i ran a 12:64 w/o it and in the a consistant 12:33 with it. it takes a bit to get it tuned w/o a progressive controller but i dont use it on the street so i just saved the money and set it up so its ON or off. and w/o it im at 1475 at the end of the track and 1325 or so with it. but u can get cooler egts i just have a heavy water/meth mix
how are you running so much faster then glock oma when hes got 100s and a special? do you think you will get hot with 90s? not dogging anybodys setup by any means. just curious how your make so much power with so little mods.

·
Registered
809 Posts
how are you running so much faster then glock oma when hes got 100s and a special? do you think you will get hot with 90s? not dogging anybodys setup by any means. just curious how your make so much power with so little mods.
lol i get this alot but im not sure the truck just likes to run. and i guess we will find out if it will get hott but i dont think it will to bad maybe 1550 or so at the end of the track which isnt hateful. but im not sure why my truck runs the way it does lol but thanks............

·
Registered
252 Posts
no, the 32s are 305 and the 34s were 315. i went from 17s to 20s but the wheel and tire weights are almost the same :confused013:
You have to take into account rotational mass as well. Going from 17's to 20's, even if the overall weight stays the same(slippery statement, but roll with it), is still going to hurt performance. The math will make your head hurt, but the idea is that the more weight you have further out on the circle of the wheel, the more power it takes to spin it. The problem will then become that you may not be able to go fast enough speed wise to really get the benefit of a smaller tire, and overall higher effective gear ratio.

You put the 17's back on, with a 32-33 in tire, and you'll see a difference.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts