Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your truck HERE to be a part of December's Cummins of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Did they still have rugged brown pearl available in 2011 with the HO motor? I can't believe they stop making this color. Guess not a lot of people liked it. I'm been trying to fine a used Rugged brown but can't see to find much if any.

·
Registered
5,048 Posts
It's an awesome looking color, especially in the sun...rugged brown pearl coat, with gold metal flake.....I've seen a 2011 dually setting on a used car lot here in Asheville that is identical to mine, a laramie with everything but the DVD entertainment system, but I don't know if it's got the HO Cummins...They're asking $43,050 I believe and it has a little over 25,000 miles on it. The place is "Sam and Dave's used cars" in Asheville NC

·
World Champs!!!
24,232 Posts
Pretty sure the tsunami in Japan had something to do with the demise of Rugged Brown, same reason Deep Water Blue went to the wayside. Two of the best colors ever IMO

·
Registered
316 Posts
Rugged Brown's demise was the flake plant in Japan that was shut down because of the Tsunami. The ability to order Rugged Brown was shut down before the HO was announced. I suppose there's an off off off chance that an existing Rugged Brown truck on order spilled over into HO production but they would be the rarest of rare. Certainly wasn't any combo that was available for order.

Love my Rugged Brown 2010.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well crap! I think its one of the nicest color out! Guess I'll stick to black again lol.

And if there are some out there I'm sure my luck of mega can longhorn rugged brown is probably of the rarest!

·
Registered
7,185 Posts
I Love My Rugged Brown 11 it's nice that it's a hard to find color and now that you can't get that color anymore maybe they will be a good catch ?????

·
Registered
159 Posts
I just hope that there is enough paint in stock thru out the country, in case of repainting due to accidents and touch ups.I heard that its glass flakes instead of metal,so I wonder if local paint shops can duplicate it.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I just hope that there is enough paint in stock thru out the country, in case of repainting due to accidents and touch ups.I heard that its glass flakes instead of metal,so I wonder if local paint shops can duplicate it.
Yes your any paint shop can make the color. That what color codes are for :thumbsup:. Also its called "mica" flake.

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm actually looking or a mega can 3500 srw this time. But if I fine a dually I will do with it.

And your link of above I've notice this alot. That color is sagebrush green. But they call it brown on all the used sites. If you look at the side shots you can tell.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Yes your any paint shop can make the color. That what color codes are for :thumbsup:. Also its called "mica" flake.
Thanks, but why did dodge stop doing trucks with that color and a few others colors that were made at that plant in Japan,if they could do it here in the states by the color codes?I thought that you can only produce those colors at the Japan facility.

·
Premium Member
99 Posts
It is a sweet color, shines great during the day and looks black at night :thumbsup: I love mine.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I'm actually looking or a mega can 3500 srw this time. But if I fine a dually I will do with it.

And your link of above I've notice this alot. That color is sagebrush green. But they call it brown on all the used sites. If you look at the side shots you can tell.
I know you said megacab but there happens to be a crew cab short box with a G56 listed on autotrader right now. If I remember correctly it had about 20K miles. Just a heads up.

Just in case you are interested......

Cars for Sale: 2010 Dodge Ram 3500 Truck 4x4 Crew Cab in Lebanon, MO 65536: Truck Details - 323931264 - AutoTrader.com

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Has anyone see the color called Dark Brown. I think it's new for 12' and I found one online. The color looks dang close to the rugged brown. So I'm wondering if maybe it the replacement color? But if you buy an Laramie or longhorn you can't get that color :confused013: hmmm

On side note I went looking tho autotrader and actually found some that I would concerned buying. There were Laramie not longhorn but can alway which over. I'm gonna look into this Dark Brown and see if I can order it or not.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thanks, but why did dodge stop doing trucks with that color and a few others colors that were made at that plant in Japan,if they could do it here in the states by the color codes?I thought that you can only produce those colors at the Japan facility.
Well obviously I don't know to exactly why myself. Dunno if they have a contract and have to buy only from there or they got something special that only is made from that plant. Bottom line it's a good question and I wish I knew the answer.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts