Dodge Cummins Diesel Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone noticed their fender flares that cond fron the factory loosen up? I got 10k on mine and in the middle of one of my rears i can see were its pulled away a little. Disappointing

·
Learning Process
1,697 Posts
Just like anything else; tighten it up has nothing to do with it being a Dodge just somebody on line that didn’t get it tight enough.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Yep, agreed... I didn't even know you could complain about stuff like this... I just thought it was part of owning a car, I fix it and don't even mention it.

Reactions: Agee05

·
Toyota and Cummins Nut!
1,390 Posts
Just like anything else; tighten it up has nothing to do with it being a Dodge just somebody on line that didn’t get it tight enough.
Its actually screwed underneath, but where it attatcheds to the body is taped. I suspect he jsut needs some more outdoor type (gray) double sided tape. (mine did the same thing)

·
Premium Member
213 Posts
Just resecure the flare and press on it isnt a problem

·
Registered
455 Posts
Throw a heat gun on it if you know what your doing or a hair dryer on hot if not and warm it up a bit before pressing it back down.

·
Registered
1,453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thats what i was gettin at thanks guys. I wouldnt have posted if it was just a loose nut. I was posting to see what tape or glue people would say they used. Thanks for the help. Still sucks you give over 50k for a truck and you have cheap tape to hold your flares on till you leave the dealership lol.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Thats what i was gettin at thanks guys. I wouldnt have posted if it was just a loose nut. I was posting to see what tape or glue people would say they used. Thanks for the help. Still sucks you give over 50k for a truck and you have cheap tape to hold your flares on till you leave the dealership lol.
Its really good tape yo..........????

·
Registered
1,573 Posts
All mine are doing it too with 10k on the clock....problem is that u.cant just hear it up if there is any dirt in there, and unless u drive your truck in a vacuum, u will have dirt... Mine will no longer hold... Im getting the dealer to fix... U had it right ...disappointing for 50k

·
Registered
292 Posts
I'm taking mine back this week. 5k miles on a 2012 and both rear fenders are coming off. Why should I need to fix this?

·
Air Force Vet
2,423 Posts
I'm going to reiterate what others have said. There are going to be issues that we have to deal with whether your truck is $50k or $75K. As an example, my wife drives a $75K Mercedes GL 320 CDI (diesel). The black trim around the window has started to delaminate. I took it in under warranty and they replaced the molding. It started to delaminate again. I solved the problem by using black nail polish.

Sorry to hear you're having any issues but it sounds minor. Take it to the dealer and make them fix it if you're have difficulty fixing it yourself. Good luck.

Reactions: Surfman423

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
I'm going to reiterate what others have said. There are going to be issues that we have to deal with whether your truck is $50k or $75K. As an example, my wife drives a $75K Mercedes GL 320 CDI (diesel). The black trim around the window has started to delaminate. I took it in under warranty and they replaced the molding. It started to delaminate again. I solved the problem by using black nail polish.

Sorry to hear you're having any issues but it sounds minor. Take it to the dealer and make them fix it if you're have difficulty fixing it yourself. Good luck.
my mom has a 2012 land rover supercharged and the trim around the back window is falling off, its in the shop this week getting repaired... so like you said every vehicle on the road has issues.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts